Jag 3rd in JD Power Initial Quality Rankings - Jaguar XE Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 14 Old 06-18-2015, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Jag 3rd in JD Power Initial Quality Rankings

The old a tired trope that Jags don't work well seems to well and truely be in the past. Jag finds themselves third on JD Powers Innitial Quality Survey this year, beaten only by Porsche and Kia...

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...lity-study-iqs

post #2 of 14 Old 06-18-2015, 04:12 PM

That is great to see. Considering that Jaguar used to be known as one of the most unreliable cars around, Jaguar has really turned things around.

I'm surprised Porsche is number one. I would have thought Toyota or Lexus would have been number one. I was pretty far off though.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-18-2015, 04:14 PM

Not bad at all.

Even through what can be observed from seeing Jaguars in person you can get a sense of how good the build quality is on these, something that might push you to dig deeper to really get a sense of all they've done.

post #4 of 14 Old 06-19-2015, 04:57 PM

I don't understand why Jaguar is near the top yet Range Rover struggles. You'd think they'd take the stuff that works well from Jaguar and apply it to Range Rover.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-19-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
I don't understand why Jaguar is near the top yet Range Rover struggles. You'd think they'd take the stuff that works well from Jaguar and apply it to Range Rover.
That's what it seems like they could do but for all we know they might have different processes and people in charge of things that impact this.
post #6 of 14 Old 06-21-2015, 09:04 AM

Initial quality during the first 90 days of ownership is useless IMO
john likes this.
post #7 of 14 Old 06-22-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS2XES View Post
Initial quality during the first 90 days of ownership is useless IMO
Very true, little shows during that time, it's not enough of a test where a specific vehicle is broken in well across the board. A quality test half way though the year would be better at the least.

But when there's a need for this info ASAP, one that come 90 days after ownership has its place, but shouldn't be the only one someone serious look forward to seeing.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-22-2015, 04:10 PM

The study doesn't tell the whole story but there is something to be said for the brands that do best and worst. Who wants to bring their car in for an issue within 3 months of buying it? I certainly wouldn't buy a Fiat after seeing this study and the brands at the top of the list probably do produce better quality vehicles. All the middle though isn't really that much to think about.
post #9 of 14 Old 07-14-2015, 12:17 PM

Yeh but problems or issue's included in these surveys also include the new owners having problems using features in the car because they are to lazy to read the vehicle owners manual and other random stupid stuff like that.
post #10 of 14 Old 07-14-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS2XES View Post
Yeh but problems or issue's included in these surveys also include the new owners having problems using features in the car because they are to lazy to read the vehicle owners manual and other random stupid stuff like that.
Are you sure? It seems to me that they wouldn't include things that are just because people don't know how they work, as opposed to the feature actually being broken.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page