Water Leak - 2017 XE Premium 35t AWD - Jaguar XE Forum

post #1 of 17 Old 01-08-2017, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Water Leak - 2017 XE Premium 35t AWD

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has had a water leak filling up the backseat foot well behind the drive?

I had it fixed twice and both times it was soaked after rain.

It's back at the dealer and they are going to work with Jaguar USA to replace the car.

Apparently there was a recall for this but I was never notified. Anyway, hopefully it's replaced. Anyone else run into this with their XE?

Thanks
Jeff
post #2 of 17 Old 01-08-2017, 11:52 PM

Not that I can recall from the forum. Make sure to tell the dealership to thoroughly dry the area that was soaked, wouldn't want moisture to just sit there.
post #3 of 17 Old 01-09-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
They actually replaced the rugs and had it for 5 days the first time.

The second time they dried and a few other things to prevent corrosion.

The third time I said don't bother. I want a new car at this point and they have started the process with Jaguar USA to get approvals to swap the car out.

I called Jag also when I saw the water again the third time and they also said they will open a case to replace it with the dealer. So far seems like they are going to give me a new one altogether.

I brought the car to them Friday and they have had it since then. They gave me a RR Evoque in the meantime. Which came in handy since it snowed like crazy the next day lol

Last edited by Jtmenniti; 01-09-2017 at 08:27 PM.

post #4 of 17 Old 01-10-2017, 03:11 PM

Glad to hear that they're working with you in getting it replaced completely. Any idea where the water is coming from though or any information on the recall ? Lol the Evoque was a blessing in disguise haha.
post #5 of 17 Old 01-12-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So the recall was for an A Pillar seal.

That's what they "fixed" twice.

But when I brought it to the dealer I bought it from and they were starting he processnto replace the vehicle, literally as I was sitting there a new recall came in for the same type of seal issue but for the boot.

Who knows. I may have been getting water from both.

I'm still waiting to hear if and when it's approved by jaguar USA to replace. I'm starting to loose my patience a little now though.
post #6 of 17 Old 01-13-2017, 01:32 PM

Let's hope it gets replaced rather than another fix that we don't even know if it'll fix or not. Especially with all the water in there, I can only imagine where it all got into
post #7 of 17 Old 01-15-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Exactly. You have no idea what damage or issues will come down the line because of that water. Here is a picture of after the very next day after the last "fix"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg waterleak.jpg (175.3 KB, 12 views)
post #8 of 17 Old 01-15-2017, 06:47 PM

....That is an insane amount of water. Way too many parts of the vehicle are compromised at this point. The potential for things like mold even are present. The only way they're really going to be sure is by ripping apart that whole interior, carpet and all
post #9 of 17 Old 01-17-2017, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
....That is an insane amount of water. Way too many parts of the vehicle are compromised at this point. The potential for things like mold even are present. The only way they're really going to be sure is by ripping apart that whole interior, carpet and all
I would agree with you there. It is an insane amount of money. I couldn't imagine myself sitting inside that.
post #10 of 17 Old 01-17-2017, 03:19 PM

Really want to know how this ends up. I wouldn't accept anything but another car at this point, definitely wouldn't mind escalating things if needed because that is really unacceptable. Especially if this happened prior, and then happened again after they tried to "fix" it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page