I'm very pleased with my XE - Jaguar XE Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 05-16-2017, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

I'm very pleased with my XE

We just got back from a trip to Las Vegas (a reunion with navy buddies, not gambling), which is about 8 1/2 hrs each way. We spent most of our trip on either freeways or multi lane roads with relatively little traffic, so I averaged 63 MPH for the trip. I spent quite a bit of the trip at 70 - 80 MPH with short stretches up to 90 MPH. At the high cruising speed there was no wind noise, the music was great (listening to Siris 60's music), and the car handled beautifully. Going over the Tahatachapi the car held curves at 70 - 75 MPH perfectly and always had plenty of power in reserve. When we got home the dash computer said that I averaged 35.6 MPG and at the speed I was traveling I'm very happy with that average.

The bottom line is this is a very comfortable, great looking economical vehicle that has plenty of power and handles great. Jaguar hit a home run with this car.

Stan

PS this is the XE Presitge TDI with the Meridian Digital Surround Sound System

Last edited by Stan; 05-16-2017 at 07:00 PM.
post #2 of 9 Old 05-17-2017, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the update!

Glad to hear all went well on the long trip and you were enjoying it the whole way. Comfort is a huge thing that I find is more important than mpg will ever be. But when you have both, who's complaining?
post #3 of 9 Old 05-19-2017, 02:41 PM

Glad to get your confirmation of comfort although that's one area I've known Jaguar to excel in.
From other reviewers apparently its better than the Cadillac ATS, and we all know the sort of things Cadillac stands for!

What did you own previously?

post #4 of 9 Old 05-19-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I had a Mercedes E-350 Blu Tec. The Mercedes was like floating down the road. Comfortable, lots of power and rock steady, just not fun. I also have a 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen 6 sp manual TDI, which is quick, fun and comfortable. The Jag kinda fits between the two. Not quite as luxurious as the Mercedes and not quite as quick and nimble as my VW, but a great compromise between the two.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-20-2017, 06:26 PM

That is a great comparison. So in the scenario with the vehicles that you have, when does each vehicle primarily get used. For example, E-350 long drives, Jetta TDI for occasional run arounds, and Jag for daily duties? (random break down, just used for example sake)
post #6 of 9 Old 05-20-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Streamline, I traded the Mercedes in when I bought the Jag. The Jag is primarily my wife's car and it's the only new Jag in this area, so she loves to take it to any official functions to let everyone ooooh and Ahhhhh over it (she's involved in the fringes of local politics). The British Racing Green has some heavy metal flake so it really pops in the sun. I use the VW for daily chores because it gets great fuel mileage (even better than the Jag) and since we live up in the foothills with mostly two lane twisty roads the VW with a standard transmission is even more fun to drive than the Jag, so I usually grab it for most local trips. We've taken two trips to Mexico with the VW (we go down the East Coast of the Baja) and I love taking the VW because even cruising at 70 - 75 MPH I get great fuel mileage and with the rear seats folded down the little sport wagen carries all of our luggage plus a large cooler for bringing home fresh fish and shrimp. My VW is a 2014 and I already have 65,000 miles on it, so it gets well used. Besides, I wouldn't take my Jag to Mexico. Too chancy.

In addition to the cars I have my Nissan Titan for any hauling beyond what my VW hauls (I have a frame mounted hitch on the VW and tow my trailer with my ATV. My friends tow their ATV's with their 3/4 ton trucks. We often tow up over the Sierra Nevada mountains) and I amaze them by staying right on their butt with my little VW, and while they get 8 - 10 MPG I'll get more like 32 MPG.

So the bottom line is that the Jag is used primarily for more formal type functions and the truck is used for heavy hauling. The VW is used for everything else.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-21-2017, 05:09 AM

Good to hear that from you buddy. You will surely expect this kind of comfortable since you picked a great car. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the trip and you were able to feel the car. Kudos!
post #8 of 9 Old 05-23-2017, 09:21 AM

I have a 2013 Genesis sedan and besides the room in back seat the Jaguar beats it in every aspect
post #9 of 9 Old 05-26-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasho View Post
I have a 2013 Genesis sedan and besides the room in back seat the Jaguar beats it in every aspect
I hope you plan on test driving the new G70 when it comes out. Hearing your taking on it would be interesting, since of course you come from Hyundai and own the XE.

G70 should be the closest thing to an XE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page