Hello new guy - Jaguar XE Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 06-01-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Hello new guy

Hi folks,

New guy just wanted to say hello. I currently drive a 15 Infiniti 3.7 AWD.. I have about a year left on my lease and I think I've honed in on an 2019 XE-S as it's replacement. I know Infiniti will give me a super deal on a new Red Sport 400, but I really don't want Run Flat Tires, and they don't offer a spare .. Back when I got my car one could get a spare tire as a stand alone option for $250.00 and then it's simple to get rid of the RFT's for normal tires. Now not so, it's extremely costly to outfit the car with normal tires and a spare.

I'm really enamored with the new XE-S it seems to have everything I want as standard.. I really can't see needing any options, it's all standard! The only thing I find strange in the car is the drivers door arrangement I find the window switches and memory presets to be weirdly placed. I'm wondering why they placed the window switches on top where one has to sort of reach for them and the memory switches on the bottom near the hand hold. At the least I think the two should be reversed.. Truth is I think the whole arrangement is way over done. Jaguar could have simply integrated the memory presets into the vertical surface of the door and done away with that whole cluster. I suppose I'd get used to it but it seems unnecessarily complex. In any case beautiful car and I'm looking forward to testing an S..

Erik
post #2 of 7 Old 06-01-2017, 05:00 PM

Welcome to the forums. Very interesting to hear your comments about the switches but thankfully it's something small. When do you plan on going for the test drive?
post #3 of 7 Old 06-02-2017, 04:09 PM

If reliability matters to you then the Red Sport might be it, I am still skeptical about the XE-S in that department.

Most people I speak to always suggest if getting the Red Sport to upgrade the tires if you really want to throw it around. So there are more reason aside from not wanting run flats. At this rate I know you can find tire suggestions from that community.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-04-2017, 02:46 AM

Well, hello to the forum. It's good to hear your story. I can say that you made the right choice. Just keep us updated
post #5 of 7 Old 06-11-2017, 03:10 AM

Hello there, buddy! I'm proud of you because you did the right thing. Keep it up and you are welcome to share your stories
post #6 of 7 Old 06-13-2017, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone !
post #7 of 7 Old 06-16-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
Thanks everyone !
By the way, do you plan on getting behind the wheel of a red sport? Would be great to have that comparison here.. XE-S vs Red Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page