Jaguar XE Negatives - Jaguar XE Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 24 Old 01-28-2015, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Jaguar XE Negatives

Just a place to put negative commentary you come across in the reviews. We should have a balanced outlook IMO.

From Car and Drivers XE Review

Quote:
Of course, the XE isn’t without flaw. The graphics of the new InControl system’s eight-inch touch screen are cleaner and crisper than those of the cluttered mess in current-gen Jaguars, but the underlying software appears to be plagued by the same problems, namely slow responses. Rear-seat space is also on the small side, but then trying to be all things to all people is exactly how this segment became so anesthetic.
post #2 of 24 Old 01-28-2015, 06:18 PM

Slow responses will lose them some points when it comes to an overall test as infotainment systems are so integrated in ownership experience.
post #3 of 24 Old 01-29-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
Slow responses will lose them some points when it comes to an overall test as infotainment systems are so integrated in ownership experience.
Indeed, my one concern is the XE gets a bad wrap because of the perceived lack in the infotainment, coupled with Jaguars reputation for electrical gremlins...BUT, realistically if thats where the contention comes in can you just magine how good the rest of the car must feel

post #4 of 24 Old 01-29-2015, 01:40 PM

Infotainment is the downfall of so many cars. I'll have to try it out for myself before making a decision though. I imagine that the rear seat space will be fine though. I usually don't have people back there and if I do then they can handle it. I'm not looking for a full size sedan.
post #5 of 24 Old 01-29-2015, 05:23 PM

Even more of a downfall when you consider how distracted people are when driving because of it and other things going on.
BJM likes this.
post #6 of 24 Old 01-30-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
Even more of a downfall when you consider how distracted people are when driving because of it and other things going on.
The best infotainment system is really easy to use so that you don't really have to think about it. So many infotainment systems have far too many unorganized menus screens. Its hard to get it to do what you want intuitively. I still think that Jaguar should hire an outside company to do their infotainment systems.
post #7 of 24 Old 01-30-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
The best infotainment system is really easy to use so that you don't really have to think about it. So many infotainment systems have far too many unorganized menus screens. Its hard to get it to do what you want intuitively. I still think that Jaguar should hire an outside company to do their infotainment systems.

And which exact systems are those?
If you really want to learn a system, you'll read the manual and learn how to use it, making it easy enough for you to use. Not everything in life will be easy.
post #8 of 24 Old 01-31-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxxy View Post
Indeed, my one concern is the XE gets a bad wrap because of the perceived lack in the infotainment, coupled with Jaguars reputation for electrical gremlins...BUT, realistically if thats where the contention comes in can you just magine how good the rest of the car must feel
the plus side to it is, it's something that's easier to fix later on than other things with the vehicle.
so i'm not too concerned about it, although i'm not sure how important this is to them
post #9 of 24 Old 04-06-2015, 05:59 AM

Reviewing the user manual (thank you Mark) I found what I think it is a negative in the car:

With Eco Mode selected the heated front and cooled seat do not work and the a/c cooling fan works at slow speed.

I am use to travel in France and Italy, during summertime in the hot days sometimes the back sweats a little on leather seats even with a very efficient a/c system (I have a Mercedes ML).
This is way I put the cooled seats when I placed my XE order; in the area I live the slow fan speed could be an issue too.

Basically I'm now setting my mind not to use the Eco Mode at least from June to September
post #10 of 24 Old 04-07-2015, 01:47 PM

FRear access is poor too, and believe me you don't want to be in the back when the car is being driven, with an all black interior, and the feeling of being enclosed, you do feel rather unwell - and i was not the only one to mention this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page