The Jaguar XE To Be Competition For It's German Rivals - Jaguar XE Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 09-04-2015, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

The Jaguar XE To Be Competition For It's German Rivals

Ars technica is a UK site and they have recently published a very in depth review of the Jaguar XE down to it's production plant.

It's worth a read if you have time but I'll just list out a few of the key points for everyone: http://arstechnica.co.uk/cars/2015/0...german-rivals/

Precise steering and softer suspension bushes minimizes noise and the harshness of the road while providing the driver with crisp steering response on twisty roads.

The interior driving position allows for adjustments for drivers of every size and here's something new for everyone, at least for me, the stereo camera system mounted above the interior rear-view mirror recognizes traffic signs. Not quite sure how they would calibrate it for every sign or how it works exactly but it is interesting.
post #2 of 12 Old 09-08-2015, 12:34 PM

The Traffic Sign Recognition fucntion is actually listed on Jaguar's own site. It detects speed limit signs and displays the number on bot the instrument cluster and the HUD. It's mostly used for detecting speed limits but it will also display ‘No Overtaking’ signs in the instrument cluster. Not as all encompassing as you thought.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-08-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanther View Post
The Traffic Sign Recognition fucntion is actually listed on Jaguar's own site. It detects speed limit signs and displays the number on bot the instrument cluster and the HUD. It's mostly used for detecting speed limits but it will also display ‘No Overtaking’ signs in the instrument cluster. Not as all encompassing as you thought.
I don't like my car telling me what to do. I suppose it might be nice if the speed limit changes suddenly, or maybe you don't realize you are in a school zone, but generally I know that I'm speeding and am choosing to. (Not that I do that often).

post #4 of 12 Old 09-09-2015, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Lol, most people speed around 10 over the speed limit. I don't think it's telling you what to do because it functions more as a reminder. I just how my data isn't being sent somewhere...
post #5 of 12 Old 09-09-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
I don't like my car telling me what to do. I suppose it might be nice if the speed limit changes suddenly, or maybe you don't realize you are in a school zone, but generally I know that I'm speeding and am choosing to. (Not that I do that often).
I see it more of a system to make you more aware to things that matter, much like those vital road signs, its their way to contribute to a safer and more aware driver.

Has to be some way to turn it on/off I hope, some folks might render it useless or unnecessary.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-10-2015, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Not sure if it's been posted yet, I couldn't find this on the forum but here is a video review from Telegraph Cars.

It's a close race between the XE and it's German rivals but he does state that the XE is fun to drive with great suspension. I would still pick the XE over the other two.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-10-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Not sure if it's been posted yet, I couldn't find this on the forum but here is a video review from Telegraph Cars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlHa8uiRIi8

It's a close race between the XE and it's German rivals but he does state that the XE is fun to drive with great suspension. I would still pick the XE over the other two.
Good review and indeed a close race to the germans but one thing i think is important is things beyond performance and that driving stuff especially if you're someone who doesn't demand a lot for the type of driving you mostly do.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-11-2015, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Beyond how it performs on the road the XE does come with full auto braking. I think this comes stock whereas BMW C class has it as an additional option you have to pay for.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-11-2015, 05:04 PM

That will help a lot when it comes to attracting folks that will mostly be driving in the city since it makes those busy city commutes that much easier.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-17-2015, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Auto Trader has posted a comparison video between the Jaguar XE and it's two German competitors.

BMW 3 Series vs Jaguar XE vs Mercedes C-Class

The differences are so minimal you may as well just pick whichever one you like.
Kingpin and john like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page