Interior Design & Layout: Jaguar XE Sedan - Jaguar XE Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 29 Old 03-19-2014, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Interior Design & Layout: Jaguar XE Sedan

Been trying to find information on what the Jaguar XE interior will look like and it seems like there's nothing out yet. Since the XE is going to be completely new to Jaguar in a segment completely new to them, what can we expect the interior design and layout to be like?

Here's a look at the 2014 Jaguar XF interior, which I really like and hope the XE will have some design cues from it.
post #2 of 29 Old 03-20-2014, 01:54 PM

you forgot the pic @Kingpin! or maybe its just not showing for me?

XF

XJ

F-Type

XK

I'd like to see a blend of the F-Types sporty appointments with the XJ's refinement..
post #3 of 29 Old 03-20-2014, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Some influence from the F-Type is a must. It seems to be part of their design design language and not just something for the F-Type. We need some interior spy shots

post #4 of 29 Old 03-21-2014, 09:08 AM

I expect to see XJ influences, with the XJ steering wheel a given, along with the totally digital dash, as seen on the XJ, a totally new user interface, as the current XF one is so tired and slow, it has become a bit of a joke.

A more race inspired interior, with leather and wood as options, I am hoping that auto will be standard across the range with a manual available, I am also hoping that the interior will be less cluttered, with more being controlled via the central UI, similar to how Peugeot are doing, and very successfully, now.
post #5 of 29 Old 03-21-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1XEJon View Post
I expect to see XJ influences, with the XJ steering wheel a given, along with the totally digital dash, as seen on the XJ, a totally new user interface, as the current XF one is so tired and slow, it has become a bit of a joke.

A more race inspired interior, with leather and wood as options, I am hoping that auto will be standard across the range with a manual available, I am also hoping that the interior will be less cluttered, with more being controlled via the central UI, similar to how Peugeot are doing, and very successfully, now.
I have to say I have my doubts about a Manual option. I would think from a brand perspective it may look piss poor to NOT offer an MT on F-Type yet offer it on your entry level sedan.

Although I do suppose Jag has some time to debut an MT for F-Type before we even glimpse the XE...
post #6 of 29 Old 03-21-2014, 01:11 PM

In the UK it would be a better option to have a Manual, especially in the business sector this car is aimed squarely at.. But elsewhere, Autos are seen as a necessity and Manual is seen as a poor mans choice.
post #7 of 29 Old 03-21-2014, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
In the UK it would be a better option to have a Manual, especially in the business sector this car is aimed squarely at.. But elsewhere, Autos are seen as a necessity and Manual is seen as a poor mans choice.
At least car guys know that if someone has a manual, they're likely some true car enthusiast that wants to make the most of their ride!
post #8 of 29 Old 04-14-2014, 09:17 AM

You can have a semi auto, the paddles on my current car give me the same options as having a gear stick, and the change is quicker too !
post #9 of 29 Old 04-14-2014, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
You can have a semi auto, the paddles on my current car give me the same options as having a gear stick, and the change is quicker too !
That does help and it's the closest thing to a the 3 pedal and manual gear box setup most of us want, still nothing like having that 3rd pedal and slamming through those gears.

With the paddles it helps to have a more engaging feel
post #10 of 29 Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 PM

love the new F Type interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page