reset the "check pedestrian system" error - Jaguar XE Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 10-29-2015, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

reset the "check pedestrian system" error

Hi all,
Can anyone please help with a how-to on resetting the "check pedestrian system" error? I recently went over a pot hole and this must have got me to the limit of random speed bumps and jolts to cause the warning. I have inspected the car and there is no damage to the front, including the lower edge of the bumper, so I need to reset accumulated errors.
I have SDD 1.39 and a Mongoose cable but I am still new and a bit nervous of messing things up. A quick walk through would be much appreciated.
Given the cost of dealer diagnostics and resets, I wonder if a SDD section on the forum would be useful, so we can gather together how-to and walk through info in one place?
Thanks
post #2 of 2 Old 10-29-2015, 02:19 PM

Don't think the " check pedestrian system" error can be turned off by yourself. Haven't heard of it happening with the Jaguar XE yet but it used to happen to the older models when they hit speed bumps or potholes and they brought it in to the dealership for a reset.

Sorry I can't help you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page