2017 Jaguar XE Will Have manual Option in the US - Jaguar XE Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 22 Old 11-17-2015, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

2017 Jaguar XE Will Have manual Option in the US

Manual transmissions seem to be going the way of the dinosaurs, though I'm sure that some will stick around for the long haul, just like there are still crocodiles and alligators around today. Lucky, the Jaguar XE is going to be a crocodile in 2017, and by that I mean, the 2017 Jaguar XE will come with a manual transmission shortly after it debuts in the US.

Jaguar North America CEO Joe Eberhardt confirmed the US Jaguar XE Manual recently saying, "It is enough to be worth the investment, and we are happy with our decision."

The entry-level Jaguar XE will come with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, and shortly after the automatic model debuts in mid-2016 a manual version will be offered.

The manual should also have better performance numbers, though fuel efficiency will be slightly worse.
post #2 of 22 Old 11-17-2015, 03:13 PM

Think Jaguar is trying really hard to emphasize their sporty intentions with the manual option but why not in the XE S?
post #3 of 22 Old 11-18-2015, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

It seems that since they are charging a premium for it, they should offer it on the performance model.I am betting that it has something to do with the engine itself. It is the same engine that is in the F-Type, and the F-Type also does not come with a manual option.

post #4 of 22 Old 11-23-2015, 04:04 PM

This could turn people who prefers manual away from Jaguar or at least the S trim. I'm fine with it since I can't drive manual.
post #5 of 22 Old 11-23-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

I'm also not looking for manual, but it would be a tough decision to have to decide between the manual or the S trim level.
post #6 of 22 Old 09-12-2016, 06:27 PM

No manual transmission is offered

Winger, I just visited a Jaguar dealer this morning to test drive the Prestige diesel. I know that I'll have to order one to get exactly what I want and when I said that I wanted a standard transmission I was told by the sales manager that the standard transmission isn't offered in America. Can you tell me how to contact Jaguar North America so that I can get confirmation on this ??

Stan
post #7 of 22 Old 09-14-2016, 12:08 PM

Am I the only one interested in the manual transmission ?! But much like @Stan is asking, any updates ? Just checked the Canadian site and don't see it as an option.
post #8 of 22 Old 09-14-2016, 03:03 PM

I've had Jaguar salesmen at two different dealerships claim that it's just a rumor. Does anyone know how to contact Jaguar of North America? I would love to talk to someone "in the know".
post #9 of 22 Old 09-14-2016, 04:49 PM

I managed to contact Land Rover, North America and here is the response to my question on the manual transmission:

Thank you for contacting the Land Rover Customer Relationship Center. We do appreciate your enthusiasm regarding this vehicle. At this time Jaguar USA does not offer the manual transmission in any vehicle except the F-TYPE in the North American market.
I have forwarded them to our Product Development team for consideration in future models. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-637-6837, option 9, or by e-mail.

I called the contact number and asked if there were any plans in the near future to rectify this problem and they said that there were no plans in the immediate future to provide us with any standard transmissions.

Stan
post #10 of 22 Old 09-15-2016, 02:03 PM

At this point in the industry when they're trying to get rid of manuals, I think if we don't get a manual for the 2017 model year, then it won't happen at all. Typically that's how it works with features they want to phase out, it happens at least a year after the vehicle originally launches

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page