Putting a tune on the XE diesel engine - Jaguar XE Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 21 Old 09-07-2016, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Putting a tune on the XE diesel engine

I test drove the XE with the diesel engine and think that it's a great engine, quiet, adequate power, and good economy. However, I would like to add a tune to the engine when I get my XE, probably next month. Has anyone put a tune on the XE diesel yet? I have a Malone 1.5 tune on my VW Sportwagen and love the difference it makes, but I haven't been able to verify that Malone has a tune for the Jag engine. But I found that Race Chip has a tune that they claim gives it about a 25% increase in power and torque and a 5 MPG increase in economy. This really sounds great, but I find it hard to believe. Has anyone used the Race Chip yet?
post #2 of 21 Old 09-08-2016, 03:27 PM

I actually did some searching up on it and found reviews that they were garbage. They say to take it to a tuner and let them figure it out.
Kingpin likes this.
post #3 of 21 Old 09-08-2016, 06:19 PM

Are those numbers proven or are they just saying it on paper? If they have dyno sheets showing a before and after, then there's a good chance its true. First I would start with that. Rather not get this and then find out it's actually a very small incremental increase.

post #4 of 21 Old 09-09-2016, 12:32 PM

It's not even a matter of a small incremental increase, it's how are they achieving those numbers. Need to see AFRs and all of that to know if it's something reliable that won't hurt your engine over time
post #5 of 21 Old 10-12-2016, 03:30 AM

what time will the diesel 0-100km/h
after the chip?
who ever made the chip?
post #6 of 21 Old 10-25-2016, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

That's not a bad idea. Now I just have to find a good tuner in this area. Anyone know of a good tuner in the Sacramentio, CA area ?

Stan
post #7 of 21 Old 10-25-2016, 02:54 PM

I know of Force Fed Motorsports in Sacramento, to be honest I don't know enough to vouch for them and I think they're website is temporarily down at the moment. Worth a try to maybe check out reviews and what not ?
post #8 of 21 Old 01-30-2017, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

I contacted Malone and they said that if I let them use my XE as the prototype they will develop a tune on my XE at no charge. Since their parent company isn't local they would have to use a local tuner to do the work, so I'll wait and see which tuner they want to use and if I'm comfortable with their capability I'm certainly going to go along with this.
post #9 of 21 Old 01-31-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I contacted Malone and they said that if I let them use my XE as the prototype they will develop a tune on my XE at no charge. Since their parent company isn't local they would have to use a local tuner to do the work, so I'll wait and see which tuner they want to use and if I'm comfortable with their capability I'm certainly going to go along with this.
Now that is some pretty exciting news. Definitely gotta keep us updated on that. That's a deal you can't go wrong with at all.
post #10 of 21 Old 01-31-2017, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

The only downside is if they use a tuner who doesn't really understand how the Jaguar engine is responding to tweeking and possibly doing some damage, or voiding the warranty. That's why I'll be looking carefully at who Malone wants me to deal with. But if it's a good tuner I can't wait to have my 2.0 tuned. I know with VW if you have your diesel tuned you also need your automatic transmission tuned to accept the additional torque (my VW is a standard, so I didn't have to do anything with the transmission), and since my Jag will be an automatic they may need to do something with the transmission (torque converter?) also.

Stan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page