Aspc? - Jaguar XE Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 Old 07-17-2014, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aspc?

All Surface Progress Control, significant or simply glorified traction control?

Quote:
All Surface Progress Control will be the new concept introduced in this new car model. ASPC can electronically gain traction with far less drama than a human driver can achieve. This system works like a low-speed cruise control to deliver optimum traction in the most slippery conditions without skidding and without the driver using the pedals.

post #2 of 5 Old 07-17-2014, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
From this description its hard to figure out how it is different from traction control. I think it may be one of those technologies that you never really notice that much.

post #3 of 5 Old 07-18-2014, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
From this description its hard to figure out how it is different from traction control. I think it may be one of those technologies that you never really notice that much.
the only real differnce I found is that its essentially programmable traction control (sort of). It sounds like you turn it on and it will crawl you out of an issue by itself. Now I'm not sure what bearing this might have if you do not engage the system or say you hit an ice patch doing 35... Will it over ride, or is this on TOP of existing traction control...

post #4 of 5 Old 07-18-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's a good question. It sounds like it would be good at getting you out of mud or snow, but I don't think it is the same as anti-lock braking or regular traction control. It might be nice if Jaguar puts out a video that shows us what this new technology will do when its in action instead of just telling us.

post #5 of 5 Old 07-21-2014, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If they haven't already they need to show us what it's like in the real world, like under what conditions can it get us out of some mess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page