Water Leak - 2017 XE Premium 35t AWD - Page 3 - Jaguar XE Forum
User Tag List

post #21 of 26 Old 02-18-2018, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[UPDATE]

Hi everyone,

Me again (see message directly above 11/8/17). After said event (above) I took it to dealership (not purchase dlrship as thats rather far away). Nevertheless, the dealership treated me superbly. It was so good it was almost unsettling based on what I'm used to from ford & audi.

ANYhoo, they replaced all 4 door seals and all carpet on the left side of the car. Gave me a brand new loaner as the service was done.

All seemed well but I've just found out today that the rear pax left side foot well is again sopping wet. This 'leak' issue at least in my vehicle is absolutely 100% -not- due to driving thru floods, etc. as I drive the car only once or twice every month or so. It's been sitting for ~month undrivien and was dry when I last left it...I'd just finally gotten the musty smell out in fact.

Obviously I'm disappointed, though I'm not angry or mad b/c they at least appeared to do their best to fix the issue and treated me very well in the process. But it looks like I'll have to see them again and hope resolution/cause can be found. What worries me most is that after the 1st episode I noticed 'condensation' in for example the rear 3rd light lens (INside), and noticed a few weird Audio/system 'quirks' that hadn't happened before (though might be totally coincidental I realize). Anyway moisture INside stuff esp when condensing and trapped so to speak is not a good thing. I hope badness isn't happening 'deep within' as by analogy can happen in a home that gets water in the walls after a significant leak etc.

But for this issue I love LOVE the car. Except oh also the plastic shift paddles. Those really annoy me for some reason.
post #22 of 26 Old 02-23-2018, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Water damage to a vehicle usually isn't reversible. Once its found its way inside your vehicle, moisture and condensation can spread throughout all your components. I don't think from the picture you posted that its even worth trying to rip out and redo the interior, I think you're better off coming to some sort of settlement for a new car. Seeing as you're still experiencing the same problems even after the "fix" you may want to consider another dealer altogether.

Last edited by Maximillian; 02-23-2018 at 01:28 PM.
post #23 of 26 Old 03-06-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
Water damage to a vehicle usually isn't reversible. Once its found its way inside your vehicle, moisture and condensation can spread throughout all your components. I don't think from the picture you posted that its even worth trying to rip out and redo the interior, I think you're better off coming to some sort of settlement for a new car. Seeing as you're still experiencing the same problems even after the "fix" you may want to consider another dealer altogether.
I'd say the OP photo is exactly commensurate with my water situation, twice now (initial, then 'dealer repair', now it is again happening). It is as I mentioned 100% absolutely categorically not due to 'driving' the car as it recurred after having not been driven in any wet conditions.

I'm calling tomorrow to schedule appt. A bit lost as I've never been in similar situation and have no idea what to ask for or expect or not expect etc.

post #24 of 26 Old 03-12-2020, 05:43 AM

3 months ago I've also met with such a problem. After every rainy day in my cars on the floor, the carpet was wet. How did you solve your problem?
post #25 of 26 Old 07-09-2020, 06:27 AM

They actually replaced the rugs and had it for 5 days the first time.
post #26 of 26 Old 07-20-2020, 08:24 AM

With the https://www.otopartshop.com automotive technology these days, you can make your ride safer, funnier and more enjoyable than ever before by using some cool car accessories. These devices are extremely amazing as you don’t have to buy a new car but still have a chance to experience the greatest and latest innovations. Car gadgets can do everything from warning if there is a problem with your car, enhancing the performance to giving your car a modern style.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page