Getting the wheels home--need advice from the Vets! - Jaguar XE Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 8 Old 04-10-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Getting the wheels home--need advice from the Vets!

My XE is here to stay for a while, I've researched what replacement tyres I want, and decided to get a winter set of tyres and wheels to store.

But how do those of you who are veterans at this COLLECT all your tyres and wheels once you've purchased them?

The XE is a lover's car (so the back seat is for, well.. umm). It's too small to hold four tyres (... or even two tires,... or perhaps you can't even get an 18" tyre through the blessed doorwell).
My interior is Oyster Taurus, and I don't want to think of what will happen if I try using it to transport tyres and rims without a reliable plan.

So, how did you buy your extra rims and get them home?
How did you buy your extra tyres and get them home?
post #2 of 8 Old 04-13-2017, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I order them online and have them delivered to my garage. They then store the winter/summer rims at their premises. No need to transport them.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-23-2017, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You're lucky that your garage has space to store four extra tires. When in doubt, call in a friend with an SUV or pickup and pay them back in pizza and beverages.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-26-2017, 02:42 PM

I essentially just call up a friend with an SUV like @Predator said. Worst case, I'll try to go somewhere that either has storage or are willing to deliver it for a fee even.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-07-2017, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
the worst case, bring them one at a time. that is the second function of spare tyre
post #6 of 8 Old 05-12-2017, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Be on the look out for new JLR dealership openings since you have a much higher chance of getting storage space with them. Even if you have to drive out a bit more its all worth the time you save overall.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-18-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
the worst case, bring them one at a time. that is the second function of spare tyre
Just have to hope that your shop isn't too far because you'll be spending a good chunk of your day going back and forth
post #8 of 8 Old 09-10-2020, 06:12 PM

I ordered the tired online from amazon and i installed them in my garage and saved the replaced winter tires and keep them safe and out on sunlight, i do take care of my XE really much and recently i did some upgrading like a spoiler, hood, and bonnet vent, i did all this in my garage which i also built by myself when i wanted to start my hobby with upgrading custom cars, it took only 2 months to built it, i ordered all the building materials online on localshedsolutions.com.au and firstly i started with my car and later i started offer some maintenance services for my neighbours like changing tires !

Last edited by engalex; 09-10-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page