Jaguar XE Satnav SD card - Jaguar XE Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 3 Old 10-19-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Jaguar XE Satnav SD card

Hello all, my first post on here and it's a simple query. Is anyone aware of whether the Satnav specifically requires a Jaguar/Rover SD card in order to function? Or are there different/better/more affordable alternative SD cards that can be used instead? Thanks for any help with this.
post #2 of 3 Old 10-25-2017, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Your first post at this site happens to be a DARNED GOOD question. Kudos.

I seem to be one of the few XE drivers who is consistently impressed with, and have fun with, my SatNav (…once you’ve gotten all the ambiguous menu options set the way that’s best for your area of driving).
And I did explore whatever options I could find out about regarding the SD card based SatNav versions.

It seems your SD card is “mated” to your Jaguar market-location. It’s not mated to your car specifically, so I BELIEVE you could borrow an SD card from your wife’s or brother’s Landrover and it will be read perfectly by your XE.
But market-location means BOTH the Jag and the Landrover have to be North American ordered-delivered cars. Both are using the same (or very similar) North American Jaguar-authenticated map card.

You have to PURCHASE a download from the Jaguar-authorized site, to get your SD card updated with the most current map changes/corrections. I believe drivers with the ICT-PRO version can arrange to have theirs “transmitted” to the car’s brain without being forced to pay anything for it.

Your American Jaguar is “ready” to read a European region Jaguar map card (exactly what’s in a UK version XE when you buy it), and your US car will even change it’s voice to an English gal’s accent. (apparently there is more learning software application stuff on those SD cards than “just a google map”). But you’ll have to talk to Jaguar about purchasing the European card—and I don’t know if Jaguar is friendly about letting you do it.

So clearly your car’s brain appears fully able to acquire the knowledge of any global map.
But all that I’ve found out about the SD card points to your car being programmed ONLY to read and learn from a Jaguar-authorized (maybe Jaguar-hosted) SD card. Not from another car maker’s map-card.

Share your findings about other SD cards with us. What Cards have you considered or heard might be better?
And what disappointments have you had with the SatNav so far that you hope to improve with a change in SD cards? As I mentioned, the one downside to the Jag SatNav is that they don't teach us what menu settings you must pick to make the system work properly for you.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-15-2019, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is the info needed to purchase a sd card for a 2018 Jaguar XE?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page