Android Bluetooth Issue - SOLVED - Jaguar XE Forum
User Tag List

Old 07-01-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Android Bluetooth Issue - SOLVED

Hey guys. I wanted to post about this crazy issue I had with Bluetooth on my 2017 XE R Sport. The connection was dropping after 30 seconds or so. I saw some other threads on here but didn't want to bump an old thread. I fixed the issue and some of what I did was not listed as a solution so I thought I would post about it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ with the latest software as of this post.

If you look through the old threads about this issue, they suggest that you enable the developer options and make some changes as follows
  • Disable Absolute Volume
  • Bluetooth AVRCP Version to 1.3
I did both of those and it did not fix the issue.

I also installed Bluetooth Phonebook from the Google App Store and still have it installed. After I was installed that app it popped up and told me to make sure that the app was set to "Not Optimized". That made a bell go off in my head.

Make sure that Bluetooth is set to "Not Optimized" as well. What that means is that the Android operating system will not kill the app if it thinks it's using too much memory or if thinks it's idle.

Once I set Bluetooth to "Not Optimized" and had installed the Bluetooth Phonebook app, the problem disappeared. No more dropouts.

I hope this helps others.

Last edited by stonedoubt; 07-01-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in