User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stan

post #1 of 7 Old 01-04-2017, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thumbs down 5 Month Order time for my XE

As I mentioned in a previous post, I ordered an XE Prestige 2.0 Diesel 16 Nov. I was getting curious about just how close it was to being delivered, so I visited the dealer yesterday. He went into his program and printed out the order details and it showed that my car hasn't even been started yet. The build date begins 13 January, with a projected delivery date to the dealer of 3 March, and handover to the customer (ME) on 15 March. This is unbelievable. It's not like they don't have the tooling or the manpower, so why in **** are that that far behind on filling orders?

The sales rep that I dealt with was there yesterday and took me out to show me another vehicle very similar to the one I ordered and man oh man, I am so impatient to get my new car. I'm getting the upgraded sound system and the 10" nav screen and wow, I am really impressed. But again, I can't believe how long it's taking them to even start building my car.

Waiting sucks !!
NguyenDavid123 likes this.
post #2 of 7 Old 01-05-2017, 02:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Waiting really sucks man. I can feel your side bro. The good thing about this is that you're impressed
post #3 of 7 Old 01-06-2017, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
With other car makers I have heard of people getting free accessories due to a longer wait but also sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Keep us posted on how things go with that dealer.

What are you driving around currently?

post #4 of 7 Old 01-06-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post
With other car makers I have heard of people getting free accessories due to a longer wait but also sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Keep us posted on how things go with that dealer.

What are you driving around currently?
Accessories you say..? What kind of accessories ?
post #5 of 7 Old 01-06-2017, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Kingpin, I have a 2014 Jetta Sportwagon with one of the cheating diesel engines and a 2012 Mercedes E-350 Blu Tec. My 2004 Nissan Titan is here if I need back up. So I'm not hurting for transportation, just anxious to finally get my Jaguar.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-07-2017, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Kingpin, I have a 2014 Jetta Sportwagon with one of the cheating diesel engines and a 2012 Mercedes E-350 Blu Tec. My 2004 Nissan Titan is here if I need back up. So I'm not hurting for transportation, just anxious to finally get my Jaguar.
Good to know that you have your Titan as your back up. It's making your life a little bit easier especially on the transportation. I hope that you'll be able have it as soon as possible
post #7 of 7 Old 11-03-2020, 03:04 AM

How can I do that?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page