Does keyless (hands-free) entry not come standard? - Jaguar XE Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 2 Old 06-20-2020, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
mph

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does keyless (hands-free) entry not come standard?

I recently purchased a 2017 Jaguar XE 25t Premium and made the assumption that in this day and age, most cars, especially luxury cars, would come equipped with key detection technology so I don't have to reach into my pocket for the remote every time I want to unlock the car. I have tried to grab the handle, as described in the manual, but the car does not seem to detect the key and I can only open it manually with the remote. Does this not come standard? If not, and if I in fact do not have this option, is there any way to add this, either via aftermarket installation or via a Jaguar dealer? This may be one of the biggest disappointments I could have with this car if it does not have it. Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
post #2 of 2 Old 09-29-2020, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering the same thing. Did you find out if it can be added? It is very disappointing not to have key detection.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page