Jaguar XE SV Project 8 - Jaguar XE Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 9 Old 06-27-2017, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jaguar XE SV Project 8

Jaguar SVO is bringing quite the beast of an XE to the game with the SV Project 8. 592bhp 5.0L V8 prototype being tested of course at the Nurburgring. This isn't that new of news as this video came out just about a month ago but it definitely is something to look forward to if your a big XE enthusiasts as I'm sure a lot of us are. With seeing this, it has me wondering what parts they may release that we could potentially buy to get fitted to our XE's as well!!

post #2 of 9 Old 06-28-2017, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE:

Jaguar will only be creating 300 examples of these world wide and they will all be left hand drive

Pricing starts at £149,995 in the UK

5L V8 592hp and eight-speed automatic transmission with a pistol shifter.

3.3 seconds 0-60
Capable of 200mph
Variable exhaust made of lightweight titanium

post #3 of 9 Old 07-26-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Here's a video of it in action at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Was really hoping it did a donut in that turn around area. But just listen to the launch.. it's so demonic! It just sounds and looks extremely angry.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-28-2017, 07:15 AM
Jax

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Holy, it looks really amazing. I love this aggressive looks it brings, really a beauty. Would love to drive one someday.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Banned

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamline View Post
Jaguar SVO is bringing quite the beast of an XE to the game with the SV Project 8. 592bhp 5.0L V8 prototype being tested of course at the Nurburgring. This isn't that new of news as this video came out just about a month ago but it definitely is something to look forward to if your a big XE enthusiasts as I'm sure a lot of us are. With seeing this, it has me wondering what parts they may release that we could potentially buy to get fitted to our XE's as well!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3t_DD1vzSg
Nice collection.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-15-2017, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Seems like the XE SV Project 8 set a new Nurburgring record, didn't think the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV would be kicked off its pedestal so soon. The sedan with Vincent Radermecker behind the helm had a lap time of 7:21.23, which is around 11 seconds faster than the Giulia QV's time.

post #7 of 9 Old 01-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can't get enough of how crazy that V8 sounds when WOT. I just hope that in the lower RPM range that it will still sound good enough. Most of these will be city driven with lower mileage so with that comes a need for street appeal.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-19-2018, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The Jaguar XE SV Project 8 was on display at the Autosport International and motor1 had a chance to chat with Wayne Burgess who is Jaguar’s production studio director. I like the way he thinks!
Quote:
“At the end of the day, the engineering team came up with this idea of putting our biggest, most powerful engine into our most compact sedan and seeing where we could go with it,” he explained.
Surprisingly, even though it shares a name with the standard XE, all it retains are the front doors and roof. Everything else was modified.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-07-2019, 03:24 AM

I want this car. It is amazing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page