User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaguar XE News

post #1 of 6 Old 10-11-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2018 Jaguar XE Cabin Could Be Bigger

Just a suggestion for Jaguar, especially when Consumer Reports describes it as a "cramped cubicle". It excelled in other areas by providing owners with a sporty drive experience and sharp handling, but Editor Nick Kurczewski found the interior ambiance and cabin space to be lacking.

With an entry level model costing $35,725, he expected to see an interior that looks fun though not in the sense of chrome and wooden dashboards. Just materials more in tune with the Jaguar mystique.

Then thereís the cramped rear seats that are described to be comfortable to children and short legged pets only. Perhaps there is some merit to his claims as head room isnít great for taller passengers and the already tight legroom could be made worse when sitting behind someone tall in the front. Unexpected considering the fact that itís 2,835 mm wheelbase is comparable to the Mercedes C-Class and BMW 3 Series.

Perhaps to compensate for its smaller cabin the XE features an exciting exterior design, comfortable leather covered steering wheel, 8-inch touchscreen, and a choice of petrol and diesel engines. Thereís a fine line between "cramped cubicle" and "corner office"; which side do you think the XE falls into?

rideonmowers likes this.
post #2 of 6 Old 10-21-2017, 02:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, for me, it will be a great move from jaguar if they consider this kind of adjustment which will improve the comfort of the passenger
post #3 of 6 Old 05-26-2018, 12:19 PM

As someone whose previous car ownership includes a Triumph TR4A, a Toyota Tercel, and a Honda Civic, I understand that small cars aren't roomy inside!

As I understand it, the interior dimensions are a bit smaller than other cars of this exterior size due to the aluminum body, which requires more internal structure. The payoff comes when taking a curve, and the light weight aluminum provides.

If you want a roomier car, get an XF (which was my previous car).

post #4 of 6 Old 05-29-2018, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
There's no doubt it is a bit tight in the back. I'm 6'1 and I couldn't fit comfortably whoever was driving. Luckily I'm the one usually doing the driving and that seat with the steering wheel is just perfect! Who cares about the passengers lol?

They do make that long wheelbase version, the XEL in China. I think it's about 4 inches longer? The extra space would be nice but I suspect it would mess up the lovely proportions of the exterior. And like the above post says, if you want more room, get an XF!
post #5 of 6 Old 06-08-2018, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It's not the largest, but the rear seats are comfortable, nicely bolstered, so long as you aren't tall like SimEd and the XE lines are just perfect.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-29-2019, 11:32 PM

I don’t think this was designed to be a full time 4-5 pass vehicle. The XE is a driver’s sport sedan and made to drive and handle exceptionally well. It may be tight but it’s not as bad as my wife’s Mustang. I rarely have anyone in the back and prefer it that way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page