User Tag List

3Likes

post #21 of 30 Old 02-08-2019, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This wash sprays on some sort of wax, but I doubt its overall effectiveness. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best protectant/wax?

You'll probably get a few suggestions for which wax to use and how to prepare a car with clay bars and other products first, but personally I'd recommend P21S as your main wax and then finish off with a coat of the Car Guys Hybrid wax. You'll get a glass like finish that'll last you a good few months. Dirt and rain water will just roll off the car with subsequent washes.

Granted P21S is not cheap, but it goes quite a long way and provides a great finish on your car! And it's super easy to apply and wipe off!

Included a couple of photos of mine but it's hard to see on a bright white car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0997.jpeg (335.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0695.jpeg (389.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0722.jpeg (497.9 KB, 9 views)
post #22 of 30 Old 02-08-2019, 04:44 PM

Garage
Thanks SimEd. Your car looks great. What is the best source of these products? Do you think a professional detailer would be using them?
post #23 of 30 Old 02-08-2019, 05:00 PM

Garage
SimEd - two more care questions come to mind after seeing your suggestion. 1) What do you use on he wheels of your car? They sparkle! 2) While teaching my 70 year old body how to fold into my XE I scuffed the plastic lower door panel with my shoes. Have you a suggestion for removing or at least hiding those scuff marks? Thanks - Mike

post #24 of 30 Old 02-09-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks SimEd. Your car looks great. What is the best source of these products? Do you think a professional detailer would be using them?
Quote:
SimEd - two more care questions come to mind after seeing your suggestion. 1) What do you use on he wheels of your car? They sparkle! 2) While teaching my 70 year old body how to fold into my XE I scuffed the plastic lower door panel with my shoes. Have you a suggestion for removing or at least hiding those scuff marks? Thanks - Mike
You can get these products easily online through Amazon, you may need to go to The Car Guys website for the hybrid wax but I'm pretty sure I got it from Amazon. And yes a detailer would absolutely be using these products.

There is a way to get a more permanent shine on your paintwork and that's with a ceramic sealant/coating. I've never done this but it's all the rage, I'm don't know if you know of it but here's a link that explains it - https://www.lenosgarage.com/blogs/ne...e-a-difference

For my wheels I just clean them thoroughly with a soft wheel brush, dry them with a microfiber cloth and then use the hybrid wax on them.

Inside I use the Armor All Original Protectant. That'll hide the scuffs and bring your trim to life. Don't purchase the Armor All Cleaning Wipes though unless you want everything to be shiny. Made that mistake in my F Pace and it took quite a while to wear off! The Armor All Original Protectant is what you need. Hope this helps!
post #25 of 30 Old 02-09-2019, 12:44 PM

Seeing that an entire squadron of bees had seemingly dropped their wares all over my lovely white paintwork it became bath day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1024.jpeg (561.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_1039.jpeg (450.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_1038.jpeg (353.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_1036.jpeg (446.6 KB, 10 views)
post #26 of 30 Old 02-10-2019, 06:36 PM

Garage
Thanks again. Ironic that you mention the ceramic sealants. In looking for a nearby detailer to wax the car I found all of them touting some ceramic finish. On Amazon, the chemicals are not too costly, $80 - $160. Details hops here want $800 - 1,200. Labor must be high. In fairness I think they clay-bar the car before applying the sealant. Claims by the sealant manufacturers make it hard to determine if one brand is really any better than another. Confusing it further, most offer a good-better-best selection of product. Why not just offer your best?

I will order some Armor All for the door tonight. If memory serves, the area wanting for repair is called the "scuff panel." Suitable, I scuffed it.

Youir car looks great after its bath day.
post #27 of 30 Old 02-22-2019, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well since I'm new here this is what I have done so far.
Trims for the interior...around window switches, speakers, door sills (front and back), back cup holders, seat switches and pedals.
Growler on the dial (love this!!)
Interior Jaguar badges (2)
Plush Jaguar logo floor mats and trunk liner
Tinted Windows, Tinted sun shade
and today....she is all washed and pretty and maybe tomorrow some new wheels!
SimEd likes this.
post #28 of 30 Old 02-22-2019, 09:50 PM

Well since I'm new here this is what I have done so far.
Trims for the interior...around window switches, speakers, door sills (front and back), back cup holders, seat switches and pedals.
Growler on the dial (love this!!)
Interior Jaguar badges (2)
Plush Jaguar logo floor mats and trunk liner
Tinted Windows, Tinted sun shade
and today....she is all washed and pretty and maybe tomorrow some new wheels!
post #29 of 30 Old 02-22-2019, 09:56 PM

I keep looking at those gorgeous wheels but from that angle they don't look like the OEM. Well they sort of do..but then I keep questioning it because of the angle. So, are they the wheels that come with the sport model?
post #30 of 30 Old 04-25-2020, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
THat's some dedication I don't have when it comes to car detailing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar XE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page