Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jaguar has revealed the facelifted 2016 XJ sedan. there have been several changes though the general look of the sedan really has not changed much.

The XJ has a bigger front grille with air intakes that have sculpted chrome blades. The LED lights have modified graphics and there are fresh J-signature LED tail lights as well.

The most exciting change is the addition of the luxurious Autobiography variant. It is available only in long wheelbase guise and will ride on 20-inch Maroa alloy wheels. There are chrome air intakes on the front bumper wile on the inside it has been pampered with quilted semi-aniline leather seats with contrasting stitching. Also included are leather head liners, illuminated stainless steel tread plates, rich oak inlay veneer and individual seats with sliding and massaging functions while a rear-seat entertainment system has also been added with dual 10.2-inch folding HD displays.

There is also a new XJ R-Sport model. It is defined by a three-piece front splitter, new side sills, side power vents and a rear spoiler. There are also window finishers, rear valence and grille mesh that are in glossy black now, and the 20-inch wheels have a Mataivia design. The interior gets sport seats, R-Sports steering wheel & treadplates, along with a piano black or carbon fiber trim and a Jet headliner.

Other additions include new power-assisted steering which promises to offer greater responsiveness and cut fuel consumption. Also, an optional exterior black pack, latest safety & assistance systems, double J-blade daytime running lights and the All-Surface Progress Control (ASPC) technology suitable for low-traction areas.

The new XJ will go on sale this fall with an MSRP of £58,690 for the entry-level XJ. The Autobiography variant will go all the way up to £100,000.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Now that is quite impressive, didn't think they'd come out with autobiography Jaguar models and instead keep it exclusive to RR, but I can get used to this.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not enough of an exterior change, in my opinion, to seriously challenge the new 7-Series and S-Class.

It appears the XJ and A8 will continue to be also-rans in that segment.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll agree that the exterior doesn't quite meet expectations. The tail lights are not my favorite.

The centre stack and all the features sound great though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not enough of an exterior change, in my opinion, to seriously challenge the new 7-Series and S-Class.

It appears the XJ and A8 will continue to be also-rans in that segment.
They should have went with some special aero design for it IMO. Like what Kahn does.

·
Registered
772 Posts
They should have went with some special aero design for it IMO. Like what Kahn does.
Kahn is a good example.
While they are an aftermarket company, the designs they come out with do well with complementing OEM design, staying as true to it while making the car POP.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The XE's striking entry is putting the establishment on notice in its segment. This new XJ is not moving the needle forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts