Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Surface Progress Control, significant or simply glorified traction control?

All Surface Progress Control will be the new concept introduced in this new car model. ASPC can electronically gain traction with far less drama than a human driver can achieve. This system works like a low-speed cruise control to deliver optimum traction in the most slippery conditions without skidding and without the driver using the pedals.
:confused::confused:

·
Registered
701 Posts
From this description its hard to figure out how it is different from traction control. I think it may be one of those technologies that you never really notice that much.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From this description its hard to figure out how it is different from traction control. I think it may be one of those technologies that you never really notice that much.
the only real differnce I found is that its essentially programmable traction control (sort of). It sounds like you turn it on and it will crawl you out of an issue by itself. Now I'm not sure what bearing this might have if you do not engage the system or say you hit an ice patch doing 35... Will it over ride, or is this on TOP of existing traction control...

·
Registered
701 Posts
That's a good question. It sounds like it would be good at getting you out of mud or snow, but I don't think it is the same as anti-lock braking or regular traction control. It might be nice if Jaguar puts out a video that shows us what this new technology will do when its in action instead of just telling us.

·
Registered
775 Posts
If they haven't already they need to show us what it's like in the real world, like under what conditions can it get us out of some mess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts