Jaguar XE Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello John,

Was a very competent car, and when I purchased it was very much cutting edge technology, with things like rear view camera, keyless entry and start. Also at the time hybrid drive was quite unusual, so the silence of the electric motor used to attract attention. Of course also being a Lexus the attention to detail was great.
However, after a few years I felt the interior had begun to look dated particularly against cars like the then new XF, and the colour, non metallic black, was a big mistake. The paint top coat was unusually soft which apart from leading to more stone chips than I would expect, would show every single slight surface scratch, which drove me mad!!
Although in fairness this is a common problem with any dark coloured car.
If I were looking again today , I would seriously consider the Infiniti Q50 rather than a Lexus, as it has more design flair and a bit more technology.
Regards
Keith

·
Registered
772 Posts
Q50 is a great choice its design the design of upcoming Infiniti's should appeal a lot of Jaguar fans as the style of design has a lot of similarities. Aside from that there's much more to like about them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Late Devliery

:( okay were are now into the third week of September and I still don't have a delivery date - ordered on 15th of March and getting abit frustrated with JLR as my local Jag dealer is as much in the dark as me. Just got a rough date of the First week in October for the build -not impressed.

I've heard horror stories about rear high brake lamps with water, wiring loom issues, Sat Nav and puddle lamps. I pray that when the car finally arrives it's okay.

Will keep you posted, was going to post some nice pics but that will have to wait for now. There won't be many of the XE S variant about on my streets so will be a bit of a head turner in Black Cherry!!

Tom

·
Registered
251 Posts
Weird how Jag keeps people out in the dark like this especially on a volume product like this which is the first for the brand.

Maybe contacting JLR directly could help.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.