Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2017 jaguar XE diesel 20d and to my surprise there is no lock on the fuel flap. In other words, the flap can be opened irrespective whether the car is locked or not. Does everyone else over here have the same "issue"?

Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, that's bizarre. Have you contacted the dealer for that issue? Try to ask them about that matter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding! Yes I am taking it to the dealership this week to get it checked and hopefully they will fix it asap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, they should be liable for the issue since they are the one provided you the car. I hope that this will be fixed as soon as possible

·
Registered
71 Posts
There’s a little dispute about the gas door being locked. The dispute differs a bit on the gas-version of the XE versus the diesel-version,… but the POVs on the argument run like this:

1- The gas cap DOES lock. But only when the smartkey is no longer in range of the car. IF you approach the gas door with the smartkey in your pocket, like the trunk door, it WILL freely open to you (but supposedly not to anyone else).

2- The instruction manual “says” the gas door is lockable, but the instructions are being too generalized. UK version models WILL lock, but on the US version XE the cap was never made lockable (sort of like the vale mode on your touch screen doesn’t really lock the glove box while the instruction manual claims it supposed to).

3- The gas cap does lock, but only on the gas-version of the car, not on the deisel-version of the car (some sort of factory design shortcoming before the car was released to the market).

4- The gas door on all models won’t lock when you “single-lock” the car. The security system has to be FULLY armed (as in double-lock and move the smartkey out of range).

Try to verify each of these explanations on your car before you take it to the dealership. It’s a situation that is especially hard to study, since you’ve got to have the smartkey on you to do the double-locking jazz, but then you’ve got to get that smartkey outta here to prevent the car from giving you preferential treatment.

So far I can only verify that my gas-version car DOESN’T lock the gas door to me under any conditon, as long as I’m wearing the smartkey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts