Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, just want to say hi! I've driven an XE down here in Florida since November 2016 and I love it! Can't get enough of the car. Had absolutely no issues and in bright Fuji white with 20 inch rims it sure turns heads.

It's fair to say I'm a fan of the marque, had Jags in the family back in the UK when I was growing up. My father had several Series 3 XJ6s in the late 80s, early 90s and even a couple of XJ40s - probably the less said about them the better! But the XJ6s were beautiful cars which left their mark on me. Always wanted an XJS so I saved up and bought one, a 91 XJS 3.6 in Signal red. It was about ten years old and had issues but it was a beautiful thing. Had a TWR body kit on it, looked awesome! Drove sublime.

It was always my ambition to buy a new Jag and drive it off the lot. Achieved that goal with the XE in 2016 and have enjoyed every second since. Love the car, love the marque, guess you could call me a bit of a fanboy (as much as I dislike that term). Though I suspect here, I may not be alone!

Anyway that's me, nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow Jag fan! I'd say congrats on the XE, but you've already been enjoying it since 2016. :D
What were you driving before the XE?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to the forum, always glad to have another satisfied owner in the community! Jaguar certainly has come a long way since the old XJ's, and they have vastly improved upon both the styling and mechanics in their new models. You by chance have a picture to share?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Before the XE we had a Kia Optima, which I have to say was a really good car. Much nicer than I expected. I'm originally from the UK and over there Kia is really seen as a budget brand, so I didn't expect too much. It has a much better name in the U.S. and rightly so because it was a nice car. XE is a different league though. I've attached some pics per request. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. Before the XE we had a Kia Optima, which I have to say was a really good car. Much nicer than I expected. I'm originally from the UK and over there Kia is really seen as a budget brand, so I didn't expect too much. It has a much better name in the U.S. and rightly so because it was a nice car. XE is a different league though. I've attached some pics per request. :)
Nice step up from the Kia.

Now that they're coming out with some serious luxurious products would you consider looking into those? The new K900 is a prime example of where they stand now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice step up from the Kia.

Now that they're coming out with some serious luxurious products would you consider looking into those? The new K900 is a prime example of where they stand now.
They certainly are stepping up the brand, the K900 as you mentioned and the new Stinger too has good reviews.

Now I'm in an XE though I don't think I'll be looking to get back into a Kia any time soon. I love the Jag and I think I'll probably be in one for the foreseeable future. Might consider an Alfa Giulia next time out. I'll definitely drive one to see if it's as good as they say it is? And not least to put my Jag dealer on notice that I might go buy one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts