Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Idris Elba is the star of a four part video series that shows him driving the XE S from London to Berlin. In this second part of the series, Elba gets the chance to take out the XE S on the track at the Spa-Fracorchamps with Formula One champion Martin Brundle.

The next video clip in the series will be released on February 18th, and the final story will be shared on February 22nd. Elba will also be DJing at the car's launch event which is also on the February 22nd.

·
Registered
177 Posts
that is quite the experience he got their going around the XE S on that track
can't wait to see the next video in the series.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder where he will head to next. my guess is that he is going to be stopping somewhere in Germany in the next video. Any ideas as to what activity with the XE that he might engage in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
They have talked a lot about driving dynamics, but I think that it might be a good idea to focus more on the luxury aspects of the car now. Show how the vehicle can keep you comfortable on long trips or in cold weather. That's my guess.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wasn't sure if they would go somewhere different since they went to a track in this first video.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you aware of the significance the nurburgring has to the automotive world?
That question is a bit demeaning. I am aware. I'm just wondering if they would go to yet another track or if they are going to go somewhere else. If they were planning to go to the Nurburgring then I think they might have gone somewhere else on the first leg of this trip.

·
Registered
775 Posts
That question is a bit demeaning. I am aware. I'm just wondering if they would go to yet another track or if they are going to go somewhere else. If they were planning to go to the Nurburgring then I think they might have gone somewhere else on the first leg of this trip.
Why would they go somewhere else if the Nurburgring is part of the plan, and what difference would this provide?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't understand what you are having a hard time with here. All I am saying is that if they are making a few stops on this trip, I would expect them to vary it a bit and not stop at all race tracks. Besides, we don't have to argue about it. The full video is here, and they don't go to the Nurburgring. They instead focus on the infotainment system since Mr. Elba is DJing a party in Berlin which is the finale of his trip.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good marketing campaign though. Although I also think that it doesn't have a ton of staying power. Will they use clips from this to create a commercial for TV too? Or is it only meant for the internet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts