Jaguar XE Forum banner

Jag 3rd in JD Power Initial Quality Rankings

8K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Kingpin 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
That is great to see. Considering that Jaguar used to be known as one of the most unreliable cars around, Jaguar has really turned things around.

I'm surprised Porsche is number one. I would have thought Toyota or Lexus would have been number one. I was pretty far off though.

#7 ·
Very true, little shows during that time, it's not enough of a test where a specific vehicle is broken in well across the board. A quality test half way though the year would be better at the least.

But when there's a need for this info ASAP, one that come 90 days after ownership has its place, but shouldn't be the only one someone serious look forward to seeing.

#8 ·
The study doesn't tell the whole story but there is something to be said for the brands that do best and worst. Who wants to bring their car in for an issue within 3 months of buying it? I certainly wouldn't buy a Fiat after seeing this study and the brands at the top of the list probably do produce better quality vehicles. All the middle though isn't really that much to think about.

#13 ·
Read this article today and it talks a lot about what you guys are saying.

Sullivan said IQS has almost become too subjective. “People aren’t finding things like, ‘Hey, my engine died,’ or ‘I have oil leaking,’ or ‘This screw is loose.’” Instead, issues with entertainment and connectivity systems have moved to the fore and trouble with these technologies are tough to measure. In fact, voice recognition and Bluetooth pairing are top issues this year. “Trying to find [mechanical] errors in the first three months of service is getting really, really difficult,” said Sullivan.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/07/is-j-d-power-iqs-a-bunch-of-bs-.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.