Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
crossover? i thought it was a sedan?
It is, thats what um commas are for... Jaguar counts on XE, first crossover to reach ambitious sales goal.

As in XE AND Crossover...

I am sorry for my language but i get pissed off with the MONDEO BASED X-Type,

IT WAS NOT MONDEO BASED

The X-type was developed and was supposed to be released before the Mondeo, but the usual Ford delays and cost cutting meant that the Mondeo came out first, the entire platform was Jaguar, with Mondeo utilising, it, NOT the other way round, and a way for Ford to not get lumped with the development costs on its own books, in the same way that BMW dumped ALL the development costs on Rover weeks before they dumped it.
Jon, that is not entirely correct. The CD132 platform the X-Type is based on was an updated version of CDW27 which was Fords midsize platform from early 90s to 06 which the first and second gen Mondeo utilized, when they updated to to CD132, while X Type may of been slotted first, the platform was FIRST and FOREMOST a Ford platform...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Seen the ghibli and i have to say it's really nice, almost completely thought it was a quattroporte untill i looked at the center console and seen "Ghibli"

It reminds me a lot of the quattro which of course is a good thing
Someone shrunk the Quatroportes sweater and handed it down to the Chrysler 300. The Ghibli really is a dog, its a running gag that Jags will leave you stranded but how about a Maserati that tries to vibe the steering wheel off the column, a key fob that only works on tuesdays or its narcoleptic habits of nodding off for a nap when idling in park (perhaps this is a green agenda?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.