Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out some of these awesome pictures of the F-Type Project 7 which will debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. It has a whopping 567 horsepower, which will make it the most powerful road-going Jag around.

Compared to the concept from last year, the F-Type Project 7 has had it's windshield shortened, a new front splitter, side skirt and rear diffuser on the carbon fiber body kit, and another seat since the concept was a single seater. It will weigh 176 pounds less than the standard Roadster while benefiting from 177 percent more downforce.

The engine inside the F-Type Project 7 will be a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 from the F-Type R. It has been boosted by 25 horsepower and an eight-speed automatic that should provide a 0-60 time of under 4 seconds and a top speed of 186.

Other upgrades include new springs, adaptive adaptive dampers, and anti-roll bars, along with a brake-based torque vectoring system and carbon ceramic brakes.

Sales should begin next year.

·
Registered
130 Posts
advance queries mean they have sold them all, in less than 24 hours... not bad going, for the first of TWO SV cars at the show...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that it is wrong to judge a car only on its transmission. This car is likely awesome, even if it isn't a stick shift. I'm sure they made the automatic transmission really good for this, I mean why wouldn't they.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I think that it is wrong to judge a car only on its transmission. This car is likely awesome, even if it isn't a stick shift. I'm sure they made the automatic transmission really good for this, I mean why wouldn't they.
this is so true, for example, look at the nissan gtr, it doesn't come in manual with a clutch but people still love it and don't have a problem with that fact.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I at least think that people shouldn't judge based on the transmission without first driving the vehicle. Maybe something is missing because its an automatic, but it is rash to say it won't sell anything just because it is an automatic.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I at least think that people shouldn't judge based on the transmission without first driving the vehicle. Maybe something is missing because its an automatic, but it is rash to say it won't sell anything just because it is an automatic.
you do have a point with that.
but some people just rather have a more engaging feel with a manual.
but driving one with a transmission out of your norm can help, you just might like it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you do have a point with that.
but some people just rather have a more engaging feel with a manual.
but driving one with a transmission out of your norm can help, you just might like it.
I think that is the thing. You have to be willing to at least try it out and then make your decision as to whether you like it or not.

Do we know yet if the XE is going to get a manual and/or automatic transmission? Do you feel that the transmission options for the XE could turn you off the XE?

·
Registered
13 Posts
f-type isn't available as a manual in any version

there are rumors of jaguar producing a manual if it does appear I would suspect XE will get it too

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think its rash to tell me I'm rash for brandishing my opinion ;) That's precisely why the F-Type does not interest me as of yet. It would not to daily duty so a stick is mandatory, its the engagement and enjoyment factor that comes from using all for limbs to make the vehicle do as you wish.

My opinion is always right for me don't forget ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts