Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows this sports fans, Jaguar claims the XE will hit a target of 75 MPG (3.14 L/100km) and emit less than 100g/km of CO2. Those are no joke numbers.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I don't think that the fuel efficiency will be quite that good. Partly because this measurement is in the UK rating, so the US measurement will be less, and also because car companies always inflate numbers like these.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Also to note it will not make it's way to the american market

Like with most new diesels out there expect it to be in europe and some other places.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe, if its the diesel, but a blueblood noted, we here in the USA won't get the diesels.
Likely the best it will do here, with the 4 turbo, will be in the area of 36 MPG. I have an XF with the T-4 (which is amazing) and on the road, at 70 MPH, regularly get 30, as per the EPA sticker. No doubt with less weight, the XE should best this by 20 percent.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm also thinking that they might not want to bring the diesel here in order to bring a hybrid model instead since that is what the US market is really pushing for.

·
Registered
57 Posts
there are several Jetta TDI's on fuelly with mileage well into the 40s (US)
My 2014 Jetta Sportswagon easily gets over 40 MPG. I have the 6 sp standard transmission and drive almost entirely on two lane country roads, but when I'm on the main highway I'm usually about 5 - 10 MPH over the speed limit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 XE S 380HP and the gas mileage has been surprisingly good.

On the highway I average 37 mpg (imperial) at an average of 110 KMH

City driving I average 26 mpg (imperial)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts