Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
All depends on driver, driver at the 2:00 had it on point.

This should go over even better with the V8 XE :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
most of these videos show successful attempts, but I tend to agree that it is more the driver than the car. I think if you know what you are doing you can likely drift most cars.

·
Registered
251 Posts
most of these videos show successful attempts, but I tend to agree that it is more the driver than the car. I think if you know what you are doing you can likely drift most cars.
It also depends on the car, if it's FWD it won't be nearly as easy as with a RWD one but over all in the right conditions... you can drift.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I mean how many of us are even planning on drifting in the XE? It's cool to see in a video but I never have the urge to do it in real life.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I mean how many of us are even planning on drifting in the XE? It's cool to see in a video but I never have the urge to do it in real life.
That would be poll worthy.

Being a RWD vehicle, in winter I would want to kick out the rear at times for fun:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
those arent even drift attempts, its just punching the power on a wet section of tarmac. Power Slide. supposedly its some kind of Jag performance driving school or something...

·
Registered
701 Posts
I can just imagine going to the dealer and hearing their whole schpeel about the car, and then asking, "but will it drift?"

I don't know, it just doesn't seem to matter that much to me. And I'm also sure you could drift it if you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I can just imagine going to the dealer and hearing their whole schpeel about the car, and then asking, "but will it drift?"

I don't know, it just doesn't seem to matter that much to me. And I'm also sure you could drift it if you know what you are doing.
well thankfully Jag isn't promoting that as a selling feature...

·
Registered
772 Posts

Aside from the fun factor, here this presents an opportunity of looking at safety; how well does it hold up on wet roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts