Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some of the English media sites and smaller blogs have begun to speculate on the XE's entry level price. Autocar is reporting £29,000. However blogger Jon Mower who runs The Motoring World Blog claims he has it sourced from inside Jaguar that the XE would begin at sub 3 series £25K in the UK.

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so now looking at Jag USA pricing on the XF, they have it in base poverty pack at $47K. Now if you go and look at the 3 series US pricing they begin at $32K, I believe Jaguar will want to keep a bit of premum cushion between the germans and them I'm saying starting on the XE will likely be $37K in the US...

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah, the pricing will be set, regardless of what sells, there will be about an 8% PM on stock cars, more with extra's, it will be competitive, believe me on that !
Indeed, I was alluding to the fact that pricing often dictates volume which means Jaguars internal forecasting and econometric gadgetry will likely of built a price model with respective volumes at variable price points. Competing with the Germans demands a competitive price as you said...

Almost curious if Jaguar will need to adopt a Lexus USA strategy, where they enter the segment offering more kit and undercutting on price until XE carves out its own tranche in segment?

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Jag says they wont be the price leader in segement, they aim to position the XE as a cut above the incumbents. Its going to take a stellar campaign to talk all the ghastly people out of their teutonic trinkets ;)

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/jaguar-xe-wont-be-price-leader-20140514-389lx.html

Jaguar will pitch its upcoming XE sedan as a cut above its predominantly German rivals – the BMW 3-Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Audi A4.

That means not fighting on price for the crucial new player, but instead looking at “overall value” for the car that will be the best seller for the British brand and a crucial entrant at the low- to mid-end of the luxury market where volumes are typically higher.

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
And thus cut their own throats, the XF is keenly priced, the XJ too, the XE will also have to be keenly priced, otherwise why bother, the XF and XJ cant really go much higher in price for the base models, and the XE will need to be a few grand cheaper than the base XF, otherwise why bother buying an XE when you can get an XF for a few quid more. as XF's can now be had for about £27k with discounts, the XE will need to be below this.

If they price it too high, we will cancel our order and just pay a few quid more for the XF.
logical, however the few saved on a cheaper XE can be poured into pricier kit...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.