Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
771 Posts
If jag does the same with the XE as they did with the XF, it will be well specified at the start, and at a lower price than the opposition, then over the following months with the introduction of new variants, the standard kit will drop off and the price will increase, which is exactly what happened with the XF, and it worked handsomely for them with that.
Yup, i have faith in them. They have shown they can build a successful sedan, now it's just in a different segment which shouldn't be an issue for them but still interesting

· Registered
771 Posts
Indeed, I was alluding to the fact that pricing often dictates volume which means Jaguars internal forecasting and econometric gadgetry will likely of built a price model with respective volumes at variable price points. Competing with the Germans demands a competitive price as you said...

Almost curious if Jaguar will need to adopt a Lexus USA strategy, where they enter the segment offering more kit and undercutting on price until XE carves out its own tranche in segment?
It clearly worked well for Lexus, i can see it working well for Jaguar, seems like people see Jag as one of the better brands, sort of the way they see Lexus, but of course in different way

· Registered
771 Posts
Determining it all is key, at least you can look for what you can expect and see where the industry is going. Sometimes they just do it for the long haul and not just to get some quick gains. Kind of like how Toyota was one of the first to come out with hybrid systems on the mainstream level years ago, now some car makers are just starting to come out with their first hybrid systems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.