Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colorado is used as a testing ground for vehicles because of its high altitude. Cars operate differently in the thin air than at sea level. The Jaguar XE was testing in Colorado recently ahead of its debut.

Testing like this seems like it'd be one of the last phases of testing. I'm getting excited.

·
Registered
772 Posts
finally we get to see images of it during testing, too bad these guys couldn't get any closer to it.

that roof overhang over the rear windshield is starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that the driver was trying to not let the photographer take pictures of the prototype. So it seems like they are still trying to be pretty secretive.

The back looks like it is 10% hatchback. I'll have to decide if I like it or not once we get the full reveal.

·
Registered
298 Posts
its not a hatch, that's simple subterfuge and obfuscation. In Colorado with Jersey plates... What, were the Alps rented for the weekend or something?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I read that the driver was trying to not let the photographer take pictures of the prototype. So it seems like they are still trying to be pretty secretive.

The back looks like it is 10% hatchback. I'll have to decide if I like it or not once we get the full reveal.
that's understandable, explains why they got shots like this that show they didn't get too close but close enough .

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see how companies can expect to take their cars out and not have pictures taken of them. When you wrap them in psychedelic wraps it is not like they are hard to spot. DO you think automakers ever get to take their cars out without any pictures getting taken?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't see how companies can expect to take their cars out and not have pictures taken of them. When you wrap them in psychedelic wraps it is not like they are hard to spot. DO you think automakers ever get to take their cars out without any pictures getting taken?
they take them out for pictures on purpose, the wraps are designed to attract attention, on purpose. The driver makes it look like he's uncooperative, on purpose. Its free press and free buzz. Its a cat and mouse game of simulation. The more "secretive" the automaker is, the more the public will talk...

supply and command ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
^ what he said, or else they could actually have roads closed off if they wanted to or go on some already closed road course to do their testing. There's always a way to keep it out of sight, but this is what they choose to do.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So its just a big theatrical event. I pretend I want to keep a secret and the public and journalists pretend that they didn't want us to see pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts