Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
As a sportwagen/estate it looks great, something i'd like to see them do with the XE, but chances are they will take it slow to start. I'll be surprised if the actually make this happen.

·
Registered
298 Posts
As a sportwagen/estate it looks great, something i'd like to see them do with the XE, but chances are they will take it slow to start. I'll be surprised if the actually make this happen.
That doesn't make sense, we know the XE Sportback is coming, we've known for a long time....

·
Registered
701 Posts
I can see it happening, but I don't think it is for me. I think that it starts to look a little pedestrian as a wagon. The back 3/4 view looks good, but the front 3/4 view looks a bit long and boring to me.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Something needs to be done about that cut line above the tail lights, not sure if that was the best possible way to go about designing that line.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Something needs to be done about that cut line above the tail lights, not sure if that was the best possible way to go about designing that line.
I agree with you. The only thing that may give us an example of what it could be instead is the C-X17 concept rear. It looks very similar but slightly different in how they executed it.

Would you guys be happy with something like this or are you looking for something different?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I agree with you. The only thing that may give us an example of what it could be instead is the C-X17 concept rear. It looks very similar but slightly different in how they executed it.

Would you guys be happy with something like this or are you looking for something different?
YES, now that's how it should be, sleeker tail lights with the cut line brought down to where the top most area of the tail light is... awesomeness.

Also to note, it really helps to create a starting point to angle the rear hatch in, great design.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm not exactly sure. I think that there is an association with station wagons. Like minivans they are seen as soccer mom family type vehicles. I like them, but I guess that not many people like 'em enough to buy them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
X-type Estate more jaguarish

Looks like a mini XF Sportbrake, whic i have at the moment, but would prefer a desig more Jaguarish like the X-Type Estate both outside an inside. The new jaguar design could be any make, even the typical veneer interior and "hump" over aft wings are gone, sad!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts