Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Found another test drive review for everyone here. Posted a few quotes from it here and then I have put a link to the full article at the bottom of this post. The test drive was only 30 minutes in LA traffic, but that in itself can be a valuable experience to see how the car will perform in the high traffic driving that many people have to deal with on a regular basis.

I found the rear-drive XE quick to turn-in, willing to hang its tail out, and generally very playful. Those large wheels felt rather punishing on the broken bits of the LA surface streets, but more data is needed.
The exhaust note was lively when I had one of just a few opportunities to open the throttle; snarling just enough to back up the car’s aggressive stance on the road.
Compared to what Audi, Cadillac, and Mercedes-Benz are doing in this compact sports sedan space, the XE interior feels slightly underwhelming. Styling is restrained, material choices are conservative, and the overall vibe is a bit more cut-rate than in the newest competitors. When 2017 cars roll out with Jag’s new infotainment screen and the full version of InControl Touch Pro software, I think some of this feeling will be alleviated.
http://www.motor1.com/reviews/59944/tested-2017-jaguar-xe-video/

·
Registered
75 Posts
Compared to what Audi, Cadillac, and Mercedes-Benz are doing in this compact sports sedan space, the XE interior feels slightly underwhelming.

Other than here that is the opinion I am always reading about the XE..
Most love the exterior though..

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll agree that Jaguar is lagging a bit in the interior design department. if you look at the XJ though, Jaguar has done a nice job. So they can do something a bit fancier if they want to.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stitching, the contrast colors on the seats, the Jaguar detail on the door panel, the circular vents. It does look a lot of better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts