Jaguar XE Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

maybe a stupid question. But what are the 2 small exhausts on the right side of the Jag for? This is the first time I see the car with 2 main exhausts on the left, and 2 smaller ones on the right.

Regards,

Alien
Not having looked at my wife's car that closely, my initial guess is this is an exhaust for the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) when it decides to burn off the filtered soot. My 335d periodically runs a strong fan and you can feel the heat coming from the right side of the front.

PL

· Registered
8 Posts
I can say this.

I had a 328xi. I only kept it a year and a half maybe.

It was not comfortable at all. You feel every bump. Seats are stiff.

The XE is so comfortable and the suspension really damped the tough roads. My father who I call Mr BMW and is a mechanics was so jealous after one ride in my XE and my XK. He couldn't believe how even the XK drove so smooth. Now he wants a XE and his last maybe 3 or 4 have been BMW.

· Registered
11 Posts
It doesn’t matter a whole lot about which one looks better when the XE is plagued by so many problems with its infotainment system. The BMW works and is a useable car. The Jaguar is not. It will slowly drive you crazy and it makes the Jaguar impossible to live with. Forget the looks and the specs and be sure to test that dashboard computer before you buy. That’s the real problem.

· Registered
65 Posts
I pointed that prediction out to some XE enthusiasts from another forum,… and they laughed at me.
There is a belief out there that the XE is a mainstay item that Jaguar is going to roll out year after year after year, and my suggestion that it’s only a marketing experiment, and will pave the way for OTHER designs (but itself could be sacrificed within a few years, becoming perhaps an “i-XE”, or an “XE-pace” or just exiting altogether) cracked folks up.

It’s done its job very well. It got Jaguar spotlighted by those of us who never thought we could afford a Jag of any kind, and who thought we’d be getting a stodgy sedan that smelled of Earl Grey Tea leaves. No one’s ever going to “beat” BMW (because it’s a stereotype status car that way too many of our friends and coworkers will always “assume” is the lord-king car we’re supposed to buy all the time). There are cars out there (the Jaguar XE included) that are far greater pulse-pounding satisfaction for the road enthusiast than the BMW equivalent, but reviewers and drivers will almost always find the slightest excuse to conclude “the BMW wins out by a hair”… (reminds me of the elderly person who insists all the time that “the Sony transistor radio just sounds betta than them big Martin Logan speakers---it’s gotta be betta—it’s a Sony”

I expect it will be about 3 years before Jaguar does something to the XE to make diminish it compared to our 2017-2018 builds. Apart from perhaps the next generation ZF transmission, or higher-mileage engine, the thing can’t drive any better than what we have now. And the equal BMW really doesn’t “drive betta” than this XE.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.