Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Depends, which 3 series are you comparing it to? The touring, gran turismo, etc?
Aside from performance, I think the Jaguar XE is more aesthetically pleasing compared to BMW's kidney grille.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 e90 335d sport package and my wife just got an XE 2.0d. The cars are comparable, but the Jag seems a better value. The Bimmer has a lot of high quality tech, which the Jag has now developed - both have similar functionality and handling. The BMW has more headroom both front and rear while the Jag has a more relaxed driving experience. The 335d 3 liter twin turbo beats the heck out of just about any car on the road for its low end torque, while the Jag can get over 50 mpg.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Do you think Jaguar XE is better than the BMW 3 series? Would you give me some answers?
Just look at how long BMW has had to perfect its product.
It's very hard for a brand like Jaguar to come along and dethrone it. Maybe with the next iteration but not this soon. But that's not to say its not a winner, depending on what you want and what your looking for the XE could be a winner to YOU, and at the end of the day that's what matters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its kind of like the tale of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears with the porridge: the BMW 3 series was/is "too soft or too hard." The XE may fall in to the category of "just right," and use the technology and knowledge developed over the years by the other brands.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just look at how long BMW has had to perfect its product.
It's very hard for a brand like Jaguar to come along and dethrone it. Maybe with the next iteration but not this soon. But that's not to say its not a winner, depending on what you want and what your looking for the XE could be a winner to YOU, and at the end of the day that's what matters.
I hope that soon enough, there will be a close competition between the these 2 car brands. The competition will be more interesting. But at the end of the day, it depends on which car will satisfy the driver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts