Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jaguar has let us know now that the new Jaguar XE mid-size sedan will be getting the F-Type's V6 engine.

This V6 engine is a 3-liter unit delivers either 340 or 380 hp in the F-Type. Jaguar has also confirmed that the XE will hit a top speed of 186 mph (300 km/h). In order to achieve that, the range-topping XE will probabl use a pumped-up version of the V6 engine, which would have to be pushed past the 400 hp mark.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yup, yup, we've known or assumed that for a few weeks now :D

http://www.jaguarxeforum.com/forum/...on/882-jaguar-xe-6-cylinder-supercharged.html

Jag hinted at it when they showed the architecture, saying that the new frame could more than accommodate the F-Types V6 Super.

From March 13, 2014

Power in the XE will come from a range of four-cylinder engines Jaguar is called the Ingenium family. The Ingenium engines will come in gasoline and diesel flavors, and are said to offer the latest innovations in fuel-saving technologies without sacrificing drivability. Jaguar has also designed its iQ[Al] platform to be able to accommodate its 3.0-liter V-6 already offered in the F-Type sports car, so expect this option too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the v6 is a good performer

not sure if a v8 suv will sell

probably in small numbers

i think the v6 is more than enough

maybe a v8 option?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you think that the V6 will be offered with the turbo charger as well? That would be two different variant of the Jaguar XE. Maybe the last one would be a V8. Or it could possibly something smaller like a V4.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Next up, it needs the F-Type's V8! How many would agree to that?
I could see the F-Type R's 5.0 V8 Super making it way under the bonnet of the XER or XER-S. Its possible we see the V6 Super in the XER and the V8 Super in the XER-S...

Thoughts everyone?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I could see the F-Type R's 5.0 V8 Super making it way under the bonnet of the XER or XER-S. Its possible we see the V6 Super in the XER and the V8 Super in the XER-S...

Thoughts everyone?
That is true, seems doable and it would make this segment very interesting, people will immediately want to see how it does against the new BMW M3 sedan

·
Registered
298 Posts
That is true, seems doable and it would make this segment very interesting, people will immediately want to see how it does against the new BMW M3 sedan
well on paper lets check it out...

M3: 425 hp/406 lb-ft

F Type V6: 375 hp/339 lb-ft
F Type V8: 488 hp/461 lb-ft
F-Type R: 542 hp/502 lb-ft

So depending on the XE's kerb weight we could have ourselves one cracking showdown ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
lets not jump before we can walk, the V8 has not been mentioned to go into the XE, if the full range of Ingenium engines are to be believed, I cant see that a V8 will be needed, Jaguar needs to get the corporate CO2 figures down, and a storming V8 will do little to help that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
lets not jump before we can walk, the V8 has not been mentioned to go into the XE, if the full range of Ingenium engines are to be believed, I cant see that a V8 will be needed, Jaguar needs to get the corporate CO2 figures down, and a storming V8 will do little to help that.
Sure, but I seriously doubt Jaguar is going to utilize a 4 cylinder in the XER-S...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why not, twin turbo power will give it the poke, as well as keeping all the figures in line, anyway, they will have plenty of time as any "hot" versions are way down the list at present, the bread and butter stuff is priority, followed by the SB, C and CC, the hot ones will come with the C and CC

·
Registered
298 Posts
Why not, twin turbo power will give it the poke, as well as keeping all the figures in line, anyway, they will have plenty of time as any "hot" versions are way down the list at present, the bread and butter stuff is priority, followed by the SB, C and CC, the hot ones will come with the C and CC
well it depends, If Jaguar is intersted in taking on M3, RS4 and the eventual AMG C class I think marketing wise they need to bring something more substantial than a Turbo 4...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wait and see, the Ingenium range with BiT and SC will be something to watch
Indeed, the concept sounds absolutely fantastic. All I'm saying is that the people who shop for say M3s and RS4's shop by certain metrics, usually by whichever one can accentuate the perceived size of their wallet and their wang. These people get off on the idea of as many cylinders as possible and play the horsepower wars in bars and internet forums.

Although I do suppose if the Ingenium I4 SC or TTed has substantial enough poke, mounted longitudinally it will be quite balanced.

Whatever, BMW's are for ghastly people anyway ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
BMW's are for, sorry, DICKHEADS, chavs, and those that have idea's of grandeur, Jaguars on the other hand are for those that actually want a decent car that does all of the things a car is supposed to do, in luxury, or as Jaguar used to say "Grace, Space and Pace"

Jags can demolish BMW's without the garish colours and huge 21" wheels, and can be anonymous too, however if you want a garish colour and huge wheels you can have that too.

·
Registered
772 Posts
well on paper lets check it out...

M3: 425 hp/406 lb-ft

F Type V6: 375 hp/339 lb-ft
F Type V8: 488 hp/461 lb-ft
F-Type R: 542 hp/502 lb-ft

So depending on the XE's kerb weight we could have ourselves one cracking showdown ;)
Also to add to this.... it could easily take on the future ATS-V, IS-F, and many more!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts