Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
lets not jump before we can walk, the V8 has not been mentioned to go into the XE, if the full range of Ingenium engines are to be believed, I cant see that a V8 will be needed, Jaguar needs to get the corporate CO2 figures down, and a storming V8 will do little to help that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why not, twin turbo power will give it the poke, as well as keeping all the figures in line, anyway, they will have plenty of time as any "hot" versions are way down the list at present, the bread and butter stuff is priority, followed by the SB, C and CC, the hot ones will come with the C and CC

·
Registered
130 Posts
BMW's are for, sorry, DICKHEADS, chavs, and those that have idea's of grandeur, Jaguars on the other hand are for those that actually want a decent car that does all of the things a car is supposed to do, in luxury, or as Jaguar used to say "Grace, Space and Pace"

Jags can demolish BMW's without the garish colours and huge 21" wheels, and can be anonymous too, however if you want a garish colour and huge wheels you can have that too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The Caddy, well, its a near US only car, they are going to try YET AGAIN, in Europe, but only Jeep is succeeding in Europe at present, can GM justify the HUGE expense to bring a low volume brand to market, and as for competing against the Jag, I aint worried, and I bet JLR aint either... LOL

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's great for caddy, but what does that equate to in numbers, in the UK, there is a lot of brand bashing about MG lately, the SMMT (organisation that tally's sales, registrations and other fact and figures) released at statement saying that MG had a 570%+ increase in sales, yet it only equate to a couple of hundred cars.

The percentage game can be played, but its real numbers that count, however, i am sure that Caddy sell in significant numbers, In the USA in March Caddy sold 14,765 units down nearly 1000 on the March of 2013, with the SRX being its best seller, and that's about the norm, and these are figures that Jaguar are aiming towards, and hopefully it wont be long before they get there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.