Jaguar XE Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
The Caddy, well, its a near US only car, they are going to try YET AGAIN, in Europe, but only Jeep is succeeding in Europe at present, can GM justify the HUGE expense to bring a low volume brand to market, and as for competing against the Jag, I aint worried, and I bet JLR aint either... LOL

· Registered
298 Posts
The Caddy, well, its a near US only car, they are going to try YET AGAIN, in Europe, but only Jeep is succeeding in Europe at present, can GM justify the HUGE expense to bring a low volume brand to market, and as for competing against the Jag, I aint worried, and I bet JLR aint either... LOL
For Europe thats correct, the ATS is a different animal in the States. Some casual reading a few weeks back revealed that the ATS is showing a 70% conquest rate from BMW/Audi/Merc, with a few token Lexus'...

· Registered
130 Posts
That's great for caddy, but what does that equate to in numbers, in the UK, there is a lot of brand bashing about MG lately, the SMMT (organisation that tally's sales, registrations and other fact and figures) released at statement saying that MG had a 570%+ increase in sales, yet it only equate to a couple of hundred cars.

The percentage game can be played, but its real numbers that count, however, i am sure that Caddy sell in significant numbers, In the USA in March Caddy sold 14,765 units down nearly 1000 on the March of 2013, with the SRX being its best seller, and that's about the norm, and these are figures that Jaguar are aiming towards, and hopefully it wont be long before they get there.

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
GM already does really well with Buick in China though. SO I'm not saying they shouldn't bring Caddy there, but it is worth noting that they kinda already have a luxury brand there. Buick is popular with the Chinese.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.