- Jaguar Land Rover sells 124,776 vehicles in the first quarter of 2014, up 8%
- Jaguar sells 24,031 vehicles in the quarter, up 19%
- Land Rover sells 100,745 vehicles in the quarter, up 6%
- Jaguar Land Rover sells 55,183 vehicles in March 2014, up 3%
Jaguar Land Rover, the UK's leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles delivered a strong sales performance during the first quarter of 2014, selling 124,776 vehicles, up 8%. This reflects strong demand for the new and refreshed Jaguar and Land Rover line up which was enhanced during this period by Jaguar's 15MY introductions, the sales debut of the Jaguar F-TYPE coupé and a strong performance from Range Rover Sport.
Jaguar Land Rover's regional performance for the quarter was as follows: the China Region up 36%, North America up 13% and Asia Pacific up 13%. The UK and Europe are marginally down due to the market launch timing of special edition models in the corresponding quarter last year.
Sales for Jaguar Land Rover in March were 55,183, up 3% versus the same period last year.
Commenting on the quarterly performance Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director said: "This has been a strong start to the year for both brands thanks to continued global demand for our latest model offerings. The F-TYPE Coupe has just been launched to the world's media to critical acclaim and Land Rover are set to reveal a Discovery Vision Concept car at the New York International Auto Show, to showcase Land Rover's design vision for a new family of Discovery vehicles."
In the first quarter of 2014, Jaguar sold 24,031 vehicles up 19% with regional performances as follows: the China Region up 49%, North America up 32%, UK up 10% and Asia Pacific up 9%. Europe sales were lower year on year and other overseas markets were up 13%. In March, Jaguar sold 11,731 vehicles up 19%.
In the first quarter of 2014, Land Rover sold 100,745 vehicles up 6% with regional performances as follows: the China Region up 33%, Asia Pacific up 15% and North America up 8%. The UK, Europe and other overseas markets were down slightly. In March, Land Rover sold 43,452 vehicles, in line with prior year, with strong performances across the range.
Jaguar Land Rover has been named Responsible Business of the Year by Business in the Community (BITC).
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- In 2013, Jaguar Land Rover sold 425,006 vehicles, up 19%. Of that, Jaguar sold 76,668 vehicles and Land Rover sold 348,338 vehicles.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest over £3.5bn in 2014/15FY on new product creation and capital expenditure.
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK's largest exporters and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
- In the 12 months to 31 March 2013, Jaguar Land Rover generated profit before tax of £1.675bn with revenues of £15.8bn.