Jaguar XE Forum banner

Love her for her big... Headlights.

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BanchZ 
#1 ·
I was given a XF as my loaner during a service visit, and had the chance to compare 2017 XE to 2017 XF. My preference is definitely to the XE when sitting inside the cabin and looking around. And my ears couldn’t ignore the way the 35T XF AWD ROARS when you start the ignition, while the 25T XE GROWLS on ignition.

But driving as the sun goes down:
Wow, the “Jaguar LED Technology” headlamps on the XF are so much dimmer lighting up the road. So much calmer and “ordinary” on the parked cars and street signs.
As you stand away, stoop down and look into them during the night, the XF lamps make a broader, more mature looking and less aggressive statement across the nose than the XE’s lamps do (the XE makes you think you’re the target of an FBI manhunt—they truly are excellent, long-reach illuminators).
More “mature” and “wider” are appropriate looks for the XF, I guess. The XF is more the “kids sleeping in the back seat” kind of car, while the XE is more the “kids in the front seat, doing the next turn at 50 mpg” kind of car.

I’m sure the LED’s are much more effective for the driver than the venerable halogens, and they may be the more Eco-friendly way to go in the future compared to the heat-building Xenons… But once you’ve driven with, looked up-close into, or walked around the gorgeous 66mm cow-eye Xenon lens of the XE when they’re lit, you’re not satisfied with anything else.

I don’t even see the Xenons offered on new 2018 line of XFs. I do see “adaptive” LED headlamps in the XF’s ‘vision package’ option.

What’s your feeling about these LED and Xenon technologies in the cars you’re trying out? Are Xenons starting to be phased out already, like Halogens nearly are?

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey, they all still work to different degrees, and they all get the job done. Some people require more and we have the options for em' which is amazing, some people are perfectly content and the standard halogens are still there. Won't criticize anyone for picking either option :)

#5 ·
Haha, yeah. I was like.. it must be a bootie, but those headlights is something that catches my eye all the time I look at Jaguar as well. I'm actually going for upgrading my lease at DSRLeasing this year or early next year, fallen in love with Jag just too hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.