Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
It's like a Frankenstein XE. I guess its supposed to show the chassis underneath. I can't really glean any new info from these pictures though. Can you?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is very clever, you get to see the whole car, but you cant, a few manufacturers have done similar things, you get to see the skeleton of the car from outside, still, it does give a better view of the car.

HOWEVER...

What are those four long lumps on the bonnet, I hope they are not there for real and are just mode coverage.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If I'm looking at what you are referring to, I do think that those "long lumps" are just body styling for the hood. It's a similar to what Mercedes-benz does with their hoods.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Seems like this is a performance version and if it is then those lumps on the hood will look just right, if not, i rather have it flat.

·
Registered
775 Posts
That is a big possibility, with that in mind, looking at the roof, it seems like it could be something to with how air flows on top of it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think that it is both an aerodynamic feature and a design feature. I am okay with it as an aerodynamic thing but I don't think that is really the best looking thing for the car. They are quite prominent compared to the ones on the Mercedes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
it may just be the camera angle but it looks like the hump over the rear window is still present....

·
Registered
775 Posts
I noticed that too, not sure if I will completely like it, but just haven't seen pictures showing it in full, might be time to do some digging

·
Registered
298 Posts
they're teasing you badly. You've just been shown the entire car in all its glory yet still have no clue what it looks like. Brilliant!

·
Registered
775 Posts
they're teasing you badly. You've just been shown the entire car in all its glory yet still have no clue what it looks like. Brilliant!
It really is great, they can't hide the car so might as well make it difficult to figure out the body lines and the specifics of it all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts