Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jaguar has recently released pictures, prices and specs for it's new SUV, the F-Pace. It's set to go on sale early next year and it's priced at £34,170 for the standard model.
Even though it costs a bit more than the Audi Q5 and BMW X3, Jaguar claims that they have the other two companies beat with a more comfortable and fun driving experience. The Jaguar F-Pace should also have more legroom and trunk space compared to it's competitors.

There are two versions of their SUV, a two-wheel-drive and a four-wheel-drive model. An optional eight-speed automatic gearbox is also available but it will increase your fuel consumption and lower your SUV's mpg (57.7mpg for rear wheel drive and 52.3mpg for 4WD).

If the stock-standard can beat the Guinness World Record for the largest 360 loop completed by a car, just imagine what the optional pair of 3.0-litre V6 engines can do.

Here's a link for more info about the upcoming SUV: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/jaguar/news/jaguar-unveils-its-first-suv-the-f-pace/

·
Registered
251 Posts
8 speed will help A LOT especially for those of us that drive around in the city a lot which I can bet a lot of these will be stuck in although gas mileage for us isn't a top priority.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The eight-speed automatic gearbox is a necessity in city traffic, especially during rush hour or else you'll be constantly manual shifting.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The eight-speed automatic gearbox is a necessity in city traffic, especially during rush hour or else you'll be constantly manual shifting.
Unless you're able to roll slowly in a gear, but everyone is too busy racing from bumper to bumper for the most part. I've done the roll and it works as long as you're around good drivers.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That's not the thing about the F-Pace that stands out most to me though. it's more so the mpg that you can get when using that transmission. 50+ mpg? That is amazing for an SUV.

·
Registered
775 Posts
That's not the thing about the F-Pace that stands out most to me though. it's more so the mpg that you can get when using that transmission. 50+ mpg? That is amazing for an SUV.
Indeed, but that transmission plays a part in getting you that MPG since RPM's play a big part and the lower you can go in the RPM range the lower your fuel consumption.

·
Registered
775 Posts
That's pretty awesome, streamlining the tech is the best thing they can do IMO. Even to next generation models since for the most part they are all volume products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts