Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody actually have an XE S yet? I can't help but notice - and I suspect this is quite deliberate - that every last review I've seen of the XE S has taken place on a race track instead of public roads.

I know that the base XE is considered to have a comfortable ride while still having sporty handling, but what about the XE S? How well do the sport suspension and 20" wheels cope with all the lumps and bumps that come with imperfect public roads?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I haven't seen or heard of anyone with one, might be some time before we see that happen but I think a good start is to check with dealers to see how many are out there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen or heard of anyone with one, might be some time before we see that happen but I think a good start is to check with dealers to see how many are out there.
I'm in the US, so it'll probably be about 6 months before they surface around here. I was mostly just asking out of curiosity, since my interest in an XE is the main reason I'm waiting to replace the car I have now.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Does the XE S have an option of what setting for the suspension you are going to go with? Can you turn from sport suspension to a more comfortable setting?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Does the XE S have an option of what setting for the suspension you are going to go with? Can you turn from sport suspension to a more comfortable setting?
If it doesn't already have that, i'd like to see them make it happen some time throughout its production cycle.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm in the US, so it'll probably be about 6 months before they surface around here. I was mostly just asking out of curiosity, since my interest in an XE is the main reason I'm waiting to replace the car I have now.
Yeah it's something i'm curious about as well, hopefully we can go low enough in a profile of tire while still getting good ride quality.

What are you driving around at the moment?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's something i'm curious about as well, hopefully we can go low enough in a profile of tire while still getting good ride quality.

What are you driving around at the moment?
I've got a 10 year old BMW 330i with 185k miles on the odometer that has been asking me to replace it for the last couple of years.

Was smitten by the XE concept renderings when I saw them. Then I thought I had pretty much settled on a Hyundai Genesis sedan (I know, seems like a total tangent, but it's a nice car). Then I thought I wanted the new XF that's coming. But now I'm drawn back to the XE. I generally prefer that 330i/XE size, but my next car is going to have to be more comfortable than my 330i is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Once I had Jaguar XE S..it is my old wound... Five years ago I was in a difficult situation with this car. I took a car loan to buy it cuz I wanted it so much.. The deal was about paying whole the loan back in about 10 months, but I failed with payments. My fault. I desperately wanted to save the car but I had to sell it. Currently, I have just a simple old Jaguar model.
Now I am again in a situation when I need a loan but for the family house now. I got one more child and I and my wife decided to take a mortgage. I am dealing now with this with one broker agency http://coventrymoneyman.com does anybody heard anything about these brokers in Coventry?
Even though I wasn`t lucky enough with a car loan, I am still optimistic and looking forward to getting a house

1 - 9 of 9 Posts