Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
702 Posts
I'm interested in what this Electric Power Assisted Steering will actually do to the feeling of the steering. Is this system similar to the steer-by-wire technology in Infiniti vehicles because I have heard very mixed reviews on that system?

· Registered
702 Posts
Sounds like it might be like other manufacturer's variable steering response based on speed. Low speeds like in a parking lot the steering wheel is more responsive. At higher speeds the steering response changes so that you don't turn too much for the same steering input as in the parking lot. Benefits of an electric steering wheel I think.
I've never driven a car with this feature. Seems to me that I would want steering to stay consistent no matter what speed. I would just think that consistency would be the best thing. Sometimes I think that there is too much electronic stuff controlling the way that the car drives. Sometimes it just seems like people should be more in control of driving instead of so many features affecting the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.