Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
The Caesium Blue Metallic paint on my R-Sport looks best when clean, but car washes were getting costly. A local car wash offered an all-you-can-eat package for $59 per month. Unlimited wash and vacuum (once per day). It has proven great for keeping the car looking great. The wash attached a bar code tag to the windscreen but their automatic readers could not read it. Jaguar cautions about the glass blocking some reading devices. The wash just affixed an RFID tag to the outside, below the wiper sweep line, almost inside the cowl.

This wash sprays on some sort of wax, but I doubt its overall effectiveness. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best protectant/wax?

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
SimEd - two more care questions come to mind after seeing your suggestion. 1) What do you use on he wheels of your car? They sparkle! 2) While teaching my 70 year old body how to fold into my XE I scuffed the plastic lower door panel with my shoes. Have you a suggestion for removing or at least hiding those scuff marks? Thanks - Mike

· Registered
20 Posts
Thanks again. Ironic that you mention the ceramic sealants. In looking for a nearby detailer to wax the car I found all of them touting some ceramic finish. On Amazon, the chemicals are not too costly, $80 - $160. Details hops here want $800 - 1,200. Labor must be high. In fairness I think they clay-bar the car before applying the sealant. Claims by the sealant manufacturers make it hard to determine if one brand is really any better than another. Confusing it further, most offer a good-better-best selection of product. Why not just offer your best?

I will order some Armor All for the door tonight. If memory serves, the area wanting for repair is called the "scuff panel." Suitable, I scuffed it.

Youir car looks great after its bath day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.