Jaguar XE Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that i know much about jag and its owners... jaguar xe going to compete with bmw 3series or audi a4??!..we all know bmw audi has been reliable to performance/dynamics/comfort...so my question is how is XE going to be reliable same as bmw/audi ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
It competes with the both of them, the 3 series and A4, and of course others in the segment.
reliability might not be something we can properly gauge at the moment, but starting by looking into where else its components have been used will be a start.

·
Registered
701 Posts
It also has beaten the 3-Series in some comparative reviews so I really think that the XE is going to be able to compete on all levels with the Germans.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The XE's rear-wheel drive layout delivers pretty great traction under acceleration and handling is sublime. The interior quality could be better, but overall the XE is a great car for a good price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Prior to owning a new 2017 Jaguar XE-R I owned an Audi S4. The Audi was flawless. The Jaguar has had several fit and finish problems including door rattles, plastic parts failing, computer system and infotainment system malfunctions, tire pressure monitor system functions and many other more minor issues. I love the way the car drives but it's so poorly built and it's systems are unpredictable that I can't recommend this car to anyone.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Jaguar’s SVO-developed XE SV Project 8 is now the world’s fastest four-door car, so that's one advantage those lucky future owners can look forward to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's a video review online where the Motor Trend guys compare the Jaguar to the Mercedes. They make some brief comments about the infotainment system and state that if they had to live with that day to day it would not be fun! They understated it. The InTouch Control Pro is positively the worst system anyone has ever put into a car. Impossible to use and it just doesn't work. The latest software update to the XE, installed by the dealer, means that the system won't even boot up until up to twenty minutes after starting the car. That's nearly my daily commute. In that time none of the features that tie into the touch screen can be used. No music, no heated seats, no backup camera, no traffic sensors - zero. Just you and a big black screen. This isn't just in my car, it's in everyones car that had the software update installed which was meant to fix a whole other basket of problems with the system. Well they fixed it. If it's not on it can't screw up. In fairness, I do hear that the basic system is much better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For me, one of the deciding factors for choosing jaguar xe is its price. The price of it is really great in terms of what it can bring to the table. Furthermore, it's a fuel-efficient car that will help you save some penny. I hope I helped you with your question :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The styling is also an important factor. Yes its great to drive, the engine is superbly engineered for performance, economy, and environmental friendliness, but it looks fantastic. Ian Callum has designed a lot of great cars over his career, the Aston Martin DB7, DB9, and Vanquish, as well as the Jag F-Type and the current batch of follow-on cars (including the XE). I think this is the best looking sedan there is, and I love sitting inside it. Sure, the buttons aren't metal, but they're still nice to use. The layout is stylish, the controls are clean and easy to use (no fiddly switches or jog-dials like in the German cars) and the driving position is spot on. I've driven Audis and BMWs and I don't regret buying my XE at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For me, I used to be Batman, now I'm Catman 🙂 I love buying the car but I still have yet to fall in love with the car. My busy schedule forbids me to 'play' with it. I merely drive it to commute to and from work, which isn't ideal in getting to know the car more. I'm hoping to remove bits and pieces of the xe to sup up the looks and aesthetics of it. I wanna make the plain looking interior a little more 'sophisticated'. I'm thinking of leather / wood grain wrap. In terms of the worth of the xe vs other models: I've heard (where I live in) the bmw3 faces oil leakage problems, audi A4 is expensive in terms of parts and has gearbox issues, Volkswagen has dsg gearbox issues, c200 is underpowered and costs way more. So getting a jag is the right thing to do, although it's not a common choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts