Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Every wants to sell me 20s. So, I have a premium model. Will 20s look crazy big? :eek:
Hi Lisa. I've got 20 inch after markets on mine (even though the dealer put them on it) and I think they look great! I think 20 inch is the perfect size for the car. Yes you give up a little bit of ride quality but personally I think they are worth it because I get nothing but compliments on them. So if you didn't buy them yet, I'd say go for it!

I've included a photo of mine for reference.

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
Hi Lisa. I've got 20 inch after markets on mine (even though the dealer put them on it) and I think they look great! I think 20 inch is the perfect size for the car. Yes you give up a little bit of ride quality but personally I think they are worth it because I get nothing but compliments on them. So if you didn't buy them yet, I'd say go for it!

Ed - Nice to "see" you again. Did you replace a smaller wheel with the 20" wheels? If so, did that create a speedometer error?
Hello again. That's a good question. Mine went up from 18 inch to 20 inch rims. I haven't been pulled over for speeding yet. I shall have to ask my dealer if they recalibrated the speedo because I don't honestly know. It seems to be correct though.

· Registered
19 Posts
The dealer likely did adjust for the change. Rim circumference would increase by more than 20%. With tyres mounted the increase would be even greater. Surely you would notice a speed error that great. I had a GPS that would report speed some years ago but I don't think the JLR SatNav offers that function. A stopwatch and mile posts would serve as a check.

BTW - my car was built with 20" wheels carrying low profile tires. They fit well but maintaining the wheels in city use gets costly. I manage to find too may curbs.

As always, your car looks great in the photo.
Thanks. I love those 20 inch Propellers you have on yours. The only wheels I'd put on an XE other than the ones I have. I see a black pack too? Have you posted photos of your car anywhere I can see it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.